Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn and are dedicated to serving students. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
Supports the Grants Office and Legislative Affairs as needed with strong, edited, technical copy that furthers Western’s goals in securing funding from a variety of sources. The Grant Writer reports directly to the Director of Grants & Legislative Affairs and is primarily responsible for grant writing for federal and state proposals and reports
This job posting is a blind application, therefore the selection team members will not be able to see your name. For this reason, we are not accepting any resumes or cover letters. The only information that will be reviewed is what is submitted on the application.
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect. Regular attendance is required.
2. Complete all required College training and responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department.
3. Student Success is the cornerstone of Western’s culture and the college may assign employees as needed to other areas or additional duties to foster this success.
4. Grant Writing - Supporting Action/Task May Include:
- Meet frequently with Grants Team and provide proficient copy as needed for grants, reports, or other products.
- Discuss and prepare proposal techniques or strategies to improve overall quality of grant proposals.
- Gather information and compose strong, clear, argumentative proposals
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of sound, ethical grant writing procedures and techniques.
- Proactively seek out feedback on writing, professional development, and continually seek to increase scores and revenue.
- Work closely with the Grants Administration Specialist to meet deadlines, create and meet checklists, and otherwise support department
5. Resource Development - Supporting Actions May Include:
- Manage timelines and deliverables.
- Coordinate with Resource Development Coordinator on reporting and compliance needs for smaller projects or state formula grants
- Develop familiarity with federal and state funding sources
- Facilitate planning or meetings as needed to support the department in strategic planning and development of projects that support Western’s goals and priorities.
- Research potential opportunities and develop system to align these with known needs across campus
6. Systems Support and Development - Supporting Actions May Include:
- Develops an understanding of formula funding and how systems may improve to support efficient work in the state grant season
- Schedule appointments with partners and maintain relationships
- Supports Resource Development Coordinator in developing and sustaining strong relationships with the state System Office
- Proactively works as a member of a close team to improve systems and meet deadlines.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Associate Degree required OR
- Education combined with appropriate occupational experience in related field totaling 3.5 yrs (7,000 hrs) OR
- Occupational experience in related field 3.5 years (7,000 hrs)
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- 2 years preferred in related field
For complete details and to apply online, go to https://www.westerntc.edu/employment. We are only accepting online applications at this address.