Procedural Registered Nurse
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
Dean’s Office School of Medicine, Community Practice Division
Job Title: Health Care Principal Professional (Procedural Registered Nurse)
Position #781315 – Requisition #20099
- Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and attend to all age-related physical, spiritual, and psychosocial needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
- Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
- Performs circulating functions before procedures, including preparing the procedural environment, orienting and assessing the patient, and reviewing patient’s medical record and surgeon’s notes to ensure all prerequisites and preferences are met.
- Ensures safety checklists and procedures are implemented and documented at all times.
- Performs circulating functions during procedures, including monitoring and communicating patient condition, documenting interventions and activities, monitoring the sterile field and controlling traffic into, out of and around the room.
- Performs scrub functions as needed, including the preparation, selection, and handling of instruments and supplies used during the surgical procedure and performs equipment counts with colleagues.
- Provides nursing care to a complex, moderate acuity procedural patient population in a technically complex environment.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take immediate and appropriate action.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes evidenced-based information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses rational thought processes when dealing with emotional topics. Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly and properly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments. Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' points of view; gives and welcomes constructive feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; builds morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long work hours when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time; notifies appropriate personnel with plan alterations. Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly and with appropriate training and/or documented competencies. Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $63,622 to $80,928, prorated to the .02FTE.This position is eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- 1-2 years of nursing experience in procedural care/OR
- Bachelor in the Science of Nursing
- Licenses and Certifications:
- Colorado State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Advance Life Support (ACLS) required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider required.
- Vascular Nurse Experience
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and take appropriate action.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Feb 3, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing