Adjunct in Health Information Technology
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2021-015
Posting Start Date: 2/3/2021
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: YES
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Adjunct in Health Information TechnologyDescription/Job Summary
Position SummaryThe Adjunct Faculty in the Health Information Technology (HIT) program is responsible for teaching medical coding courses like ICD-10-CM/PCS coding principles and practice. Salary commensurate with experience. Responsibilities/Duties
An Adjunct Faculty in Health Information Technology is responsible for:
- Provide classroom, lab, and/or clinical instruction for Health Information Technology
- Based on the master syllabus, design and teach assigned class session(s), leveraging digital content and multi-media resources in the classroom.
- Assess student engagement/understanding during each class session and throughout the semester
- Collect, grade, and report assignments and homework
- Maintain and update the syllabus and course materials and make sure they are available through the College’s Learning Management System
- Advise learners in ways to help them meet their educational goals
- Use a variety of strategies to assess and evaluate learning.
- Provide timely, thoughtful, and constructive feedback to learners
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management or Health Care Administration
- Must have 3-5 years of professional experience in Health Information Management, specifically in Medical Coding and Reimbursement (ICD-10-CM/PCS, CPT, and HCPCS)
- Must have 2-4 years teaching experience in Health Information Management
- Must have Medical Coding certifications from AHIMA or AAPC (CCS or CPC)
- Must maintain active AHIMA Membership
- Must have experience using Encoder and Electronic Health Record (EHR) Software
- AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
- AHIMA Credential- RHIT or RHIA
- Master’s Degree in Health Information Management or other health-related fields
- Five years of teaching experience
- Learning Management System experience (Canvas)
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail