Adjunct Pool: Counselor (Los Banos Campus)
Adjunct Pool: Counselor (Los Banos Campus)
Salary: $52.94 - $66.34 Hourly
Job Number: 2020070116
Closing: 6/30/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Los Banos, CA
Department: Student Services
Open pool for academic year 2020-2021
additional compensation for doctorate
Merced College is a midsized community college located in California's Central Valley. Founded in 1962, the college serves more than 16,000 students with room to expand on its 267 acre main campus and 120 acre Los Banos site. Merced, incorporated in 1889, offers historical sites, affordable housing, access to the Bay Area and Sacramento, and is the Gateway to Yosemite National Park and the Sierra mountains as well as home to the University of California Merced campus. Our tree-shaded, growing community of just over 80,000 includes multiple biking and walking trails as well as access to several lakes - large and small - throughout the county.
Merced College Vision
Merced College will provide transformative and empowering educational experiences to meet student and community needs.
Merced College Mission
Growing our community through education and workforce training:
- lifelong learning
- basic skills
- career technical education
- degree/certificate programs
This is a part-time position in the Counseling Area at Merced College-Los Banos Campus under general direction of the Dean of the Los Banos Campus and funded with categorical funds based on grant availability. The counselor will provide academic, vocational and personal counseling; develop abbreviated and comprehensive Student Educational Plans. The maximum counseling load is 10 units per semester, which may include evening and weekend hours.
Examples of Duties
- Assess and assist the whole student, including cultural differences and/or disabling conditions;
- Communicate effectively;
- Provide accurate academic/vocational information;
- Implement innovative and flexible counseling methods to increase matriculation rates among non-traditional students;
- Function as a student advocate facilitating the resolution of college related problems;
- Work independently and in small groups on educational projects.
- Master's degree from an acceptable accredited institution in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling
- Bachelor's degree from an acceptable accredited institution in one of the above listed degrees and a current license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) valid in California
- Community College Instructor Credential in Counseling
- The equivalent
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
- College level counseling and teaching experience
- Understanding of student support programs and services that increase retention, completion, and academic success
- Experience with the use of Student MIS systems and computer-based educational planning software
- Knowledge of: current Student Success and Support Program requirements and processes; current technology skills related to counseling and a willingness to pursue future technological developments Familiarity and/or experience working with programs that aid socio-economically disadvantaged and/or academically underprepared students
How to Apply:
Candidates will submit a complete application on the Merced College Career Pages at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mccd/promotionaljobs.
- Letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position
- List three professional references
- Legible unofficial college transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Transcripts must include the degree major and date the institution granted the degree. Official copies are not required unless applicant is hired.
- Foreign transcripts must include a U.S. evaluation and translation. http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf (Download PDF reader)
- Diversity Statement: Provide a statement about yourself that specifically demonstrates sensitivity to the needs of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and the community at large. Your response is limited to one (1) page.
- OPTIONAL: Equivalency Review Form, if applicable. (Required for applicants who do not possess the stated minimum educational qualifications and are seeking consideration on the basis of equivalency) http://www.mccd.edu/offices/hr/jobs/eqforms.html
No documents other than those required and listed above will be accepted for this recruitment. Please do not submit additional materials.
Individuals with disabilities may request any needed accommodation to participate in the application process. Please submit your request with your application to the Human Resources Office.
Interview Information: Those applicants deemed highly qualified for the position will be invited to appear for oral interviews before a screening committee which includes a teaching demonstration on a selected topic. A limited number of candidates will be invited to interviews. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, all interviews will be scheduled via Zoom till further notice. Candidates are required to ensure access to the necessary technology to participate in a Zoom interview.
Employee Benefits: Sick leave, faculty employed on a part-time hourly basis shall earn sick leave credit at the rate of one (1) hour for each twenty (20) hours of paid service.
Condition of Employment: The selected candidate must be fingerprinted and tested for tuberculosis at his/her own expense prior to the start of employment. In compliance with the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, all new employees are required to verify their identity and the right to work in the United States. Merced College does not sponsor visas. An applicant must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. All offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees.
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mccd/jobs/2807074/adjunct-pool-counselor-los-banos-campus
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency