CCAC Navigator (Grant FT)
CCAC Navigator (Grant FT)
Position Title: CCAC Navigator (Grant FT)
Department: Dean of Student Development
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than February 12, 2021. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. This is a grant funded position. Continued employment is contingent on sufficient future funding. This grant may be renewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Friday; 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade: Admin 11 - $39,096
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Grant Funded Full-Time
Job Slot: G643
Job Open Date: 1/29/2021
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Provide support, assistance and education to students to help them navigate and utilize supports external from the college to improve academic performance, term to term retention, and graduation rates.
Requirements: Requires bachelor's degree in Social Work (master's preferred) or related field and two years social work/case management experience in various environments; experience with students in a post-secondary education institution (preferred). Successful candidates must have strong written and oral communication skills as well as a valid Pennsylvania driver's license and reliable transportation.
1. Provide social support to students to overcome barriers/challenges to academic success by helping them to identify resources and navigate various internal and external systems and processes.
2. Actively interact with faculty and staff to identify students whose basic needs are not being met and facilitate interaction with available services both on and off campus.
3. Collaborate with College Student Success Coaches, Counseling and Supportive Services staff to insure feedback loop is closed for students.
4. Develop, promote and facilitate educational sessions to inform students of services available.
5. Use data collected by the College and Department of Human Services to identify student needs and facilitate interactions which will result in improved retention rates.
6. Maintain accurate records of interactions with all students and data for internal and external compliance requirements.
7. Initiate and maintain contact with identified students, including regularly-scheduled group and individual meetings, maintaining communication on reporting data to the Student Development Division.
8. Act as a liaison with Career Services, Counseling, Financial Aid, Supportive Services, Advisement, the Learning Centers and Department of Human Services.
9. Serve on College Behavioral Intervention Teams.
10. Participate in appropriate professional development activities as well as college meetings and committees.
11. Submit reports and serve on relevant committees as required or requested.
12. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=778
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency