Manager or Director of Strategic Initiatives, School of Continuing and Professional Studies
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-12
The University of Virginia School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS) is currently seeking a Manager or Director of Strategic Initiatives to help grow its portfolio of innovative online programs. SCPS helps working adults finish their degrees and advance their careers (Key Initiative #7 in Great and Good: The 2030 Plan). The school offers online and in-person programs, bringing high-quality, accessible, and affordable education to all Virginians.
The Manager or Director of Strategic Initiatives helps launch new programs and partnerships, working across multiple functions, spanning program design, administration, outreach, and student success.
Job Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Launch new programs and strategic initiatives.
- Support the leadership team in all aspects of launching new academic programs and partnerships.
- Use a combination of strategic planning, operations, and academic administration skills to drive transformative student impact, robust enrollment, and financial health.
- Lead new programs in their early phases and meet revenue and enrollment goals.
- Collaborate across the SCPS leadership team, the growth team and program directors.
- Support development of new strategic initiatives.
- Build networks of relationships among internal and external stakeholders to identify promising new program opportunities.
- Evaluate new opportunities based on a variety of factors and project manage their development.
This position will be filled at either the Manager or Director level depending on the successful candidate's experience, knowledge, and competencies.
The ideal candidate for the Manager of Strategic Initiatives will have a Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of project management experience in continuing education and/or online learning, especially in new program development and launch.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Strategic Initiatives will have a Bachelor’s degree and at least four years of project management experience in continuing education and/or online learning, especially in new program development and launch.
All candidates’ minimum requirements:
- Demonstrated success managing complex projects using a broad range of functional skills;
- Ability to develop long-range goals and objectives while simultaneously managing a great deal of detail across multiple projects and task;
- Demonstrated fiscal management and budget planning skills;
- Can work collaboratively with School faculty and staff, as well as University colleagues, to drive successful outcomes;
- Awareness of, respect for, and adherence to University of Virginia and SCPS policies and procedures (e.g., accreditation requirements, SCPS internal requirements, University contractual requirements, etc.).
- Must have the ability to work under deadlines, to adapt to changing priorities and needs.
- Office 365
- Experience with EMSI or Burning Glass
This is a full-time, 40 hour, benefitted position.
The preferred location for this position is Charlottesville or Northern, Virginia; remote workplace may be considered. If remote workplace is approved, regular trips to Charlottesville, Virginia will be required.
This position may require some travel, primarily day trips within the Commonwealth, but occasional overnight travel may be required.
Anticipated Salary Range: $70,000 - $100,000 annually (commensurate with qualifications and experience) with UVA benefits.
**Please note ALL REQUESTED documents MUST be uploaded in the cv/resume box and you can combine documents into one PDF. Additionally, required documents will be uploaded as part of the questionnaire. ***
***Applications that do not contain all the required documents will not receive full consideration.***
Apply online at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs search for requisition #R0021658 (or through Workday for internal applicants) complete the application and attach the following:
- Cover letter addressing why you are interested in this position, how your experience has prepared you and demonstrated experience working on issues of diversity, equity and inclusion and/or working with diverse populations.
- Contact information for three references.
The selected candidate will be required to successfully pass a background check prior to their first date of employment.
For questions about the application process, please contact Nicole Robinson, Faculty Search Advisor, at email@example.com.
Learn More About the University of Virginia School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS) here: https://www.scps.virginia.edu/.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.