GA- YFY Communications 21-22
GA- YFY Communications 21-22Position Eclass:
GF - Graduate Flat PayPosition Summary:
The term Graduate Assistant is the umbrella term that encompasses all types of GA appointments. Graduate Assistants are employed by the University to teach, conduct research, or assist with administrative duties in departments and non-academic units. Every attempt is made to assign Graduate Assistants to positions that are directly related to the student’s field of study or that provide the opportunity to develop transferable, professional skills. Graduate Assistantships are assigned in the department or unit and confirmed by the Graduate School.Additional Details:
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Your First Year, this position primarily supports marketing and communications for all Your First Year (YFY) initiatives and the department.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
Your First Year (YFY): Support the Assistant Director with marketing and communications
- YFY Social Media
- Manage YFY social media accounts on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Follow brand guidelines and style guide
- Write captions and coordinate visuals for posts
- Maintain a process for NST&FYE staff to request YFY social media posts for their campaigns
- Respond to students via direct messages. This may include work outside normal business hours
- Work with Spartan Orientation Staff and other students on social media takeovers and posting during SOAR
- Ensure maximum accessibility for all posts through video captions and alt text
- YFY Success Series
- Create marketing graphics and images in Canva
- Write copy and create visuals for monthly First Year Connect Newsletter
- Oversee digital and print marketing for all YFY programs
- YFY Services
- YFY Zones and evening programming for YFY at SOAR (summer only)
- Provide day-of event support for all YFY programs. This includes Storm the Streets, First Finals Fest, Second Year Launch, Freshman Forums, and others. Post during all events on social media
Additional New Student Transitions & First Year Experience Initiatives:
- Assist the Senior Director of NST&FYE with social media management for the Division of Student Success.
- NST & FYE staff provide support for departmental programs and services, regardless of the specific functions of each job:
- Assist with all NST & FYE major events, such as NAV1GATE, SOAR, First Finals Fest, Storm the Streets; includes day-of assistance
- Represent the department at a number of Student Success division events, including Showcase, Destination, etc.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
To be eligible for appointments as a graduate assistant, you must:
•Maintain academic good standing at all times (3.0).
•Be enrolled full-time, which is generally a minimum of 9 credits.
•Make satisfactory progress toward your degree as defined by your academic program and the Graduate School.
•Meet the requirements to be eligible for employment in the U.S.
•Quality written and oral communication skills required.
•Strong eye for details in visuals and graphic design (graphic design background not required).
•Marketing, communications, and/or social media experience is preferred.
New Student Transition and FYE - 44601Posting Begin Date:
02/01/2021Open Until Filled: