Federal Work Study - Residence Life
Job Title: Federal Work Study - Residence Life
Location: Georgia Gwinnett College
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 223750
The Office of Residence Life is looking for an outgoing and reliable student to help manage the front desk of our office. As a federal work study student assistant, the student in this position will be the first point of contact for visitors/future residents, our residents, and parents plus other GGC employees. This student needs to represent the mission of our office with a professional demeanor at all times. The student holding this position reports to the Administrative Assistant of Residence Life.Responsibilities
- Perform reception duties.
- Conduct residence hall tours as required.
- Solve resident/parent issues via phone, email and in person.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Federal Work Study award and be in good standing throughout employment
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College
- Able to handle confidential information
- Strong analytical and customer service skills and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to professionally interact with families and professional staff members
- Applicant must demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Customer service skills that include the ability to interact with prospective residents and parents on the telephone in a polite and conversational manner
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]