Vice President for Student Affairs
The University of Central Arkansas seeks a highly-qualified candidate to serve as Vice President of Student Affairs. Reporting to the president, this position is responsible for oversight and strategic leadership of all student affairs and services functions of the university, including the Student Center, Campus Recreation, Counseling Center, Student Health Clinic, Institutional Diversity, student activities and new student programs, student leadership development, student conduct, Greek Life, Career Services, and the Disability Resource Center.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to an inclusive and equitable environment for students, faculty, and staff that promotes a culture of diversity and belonging.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
● Provides senior-level, strategic leadership to the Division of Student Services, with an emphasis on student engagement and retention. Is responsible for a division of over 120 full-time and part-time employees.
● Serves as a member of the president’s cabinet, and advises administration on best practices in the area of student services and institutional diversity.
● Provides budgetary guidance for the division and ensures compliance with all university and state policies and regulations.
● Works closely with direct reports to set strategic goals for the division. Oversees program assessment and improvement across a wide variety of student-centered activities.
● Provides guidance in the areas of conflict resolution, human resources, student conduct, and new program development.
● Exhibits strong communication skills, with the ability to promote and maintain positive student relationships and community partnerships.
● Promotes positive student relations by maintaining effective lines of communication with student leaders and serving as a strong advocate for the non-academic, extra-curricular, and co-curricular needs of students.
Interested candidates should have a master’s degree and a minimum of seven years of experience in student affairs or a related area. A doctoral degree is preferred.
The position will remain open until filled. The priority application deadline is March 15, 2021.
To view this job announcement in its entirety and to apply online, please visit our career site at: https://jobs.uca.edu/. Interested applicants will be required to submit a comprehensive cover letter that addresses how their strengths and experiences match the qualifications for the position and a curriculum vitae or resume. Applicants must apply online via our career site to ensure full consideration for the position. For assistance, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 501-450-3181 or [email protected].