Research Technician I
Provide basic technical support services required for conducting tests and experiments in a school or research laboratory within the Institute. This position will interact on a consistent basis with: academic and research faculty, co-workers. This position typically will advise and counsel: NA. This position will supervise: NA.
- B.S. or equivalent in nueroscience or any associated discipline
- Strong organizational and collaborative work skills including familiarity with MS Office Suite, Google Drive, MATLAB
- Excellent communication skills and high levels of accountability and transparency
One to two years of job related experience
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
Background: Standard Enhanced
1) Organization, design, and procurement of equipment and reagents that enable in vivo electrical recordings from mice engaged in behavioral tasks;
2) Assistance in the ordering, maintenance, husbandry, and experimental workflow supporting behavioral training of transgenic mouse lines
3) Assisting research staff with behavioral training protocols and optogenetic perturbations of behavioral tasks