Adjunct Instructor - Certified Nursing Assistant
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Dean of Allied Health course documentation and related Nursing Assistant Program communication.Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
- Provide on-site instruction in the areas of entry level care giving for Nursing Assistants.
- Plan, select, prepare and implement appropriate active learning activities to meet all course competencies.
- Prepare, and/or select and utilize reliable and valid formative and summative in-class assessment tools/techniques to measure students' achievement of course competencies.
- Distribute, in written form, course competencies, performance criteria, established district approved grading procedures and standards, attendance and class policies/procedures, and other necessary information to students at the beginning of the course.
- Deliver instruction using active learning methods which accommodate different learning styles.
- Provide guidance and advice to students as regarding course progress, program areas, or other academic concerns.
- Review and revise as necessary delivery methods, instructional materials, learning activities, and assessment tools based on pre-assessment, during class assessment and development teams, program self-study and evaluation terms.
- Work collaboratively with other colleges and staff members within your program and ancillary services such as library, media, bookstore, information technology services, to integrate instructional activities and materials.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Ability to deliver instruction using active learning methods which accommodate different learning styles.
- Ability to plan, select, prepare and implement appropriate active learning activities to meet all course competencies.
- Ability to develop, utilize and/or update course competence and summaries.
- Good oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain competency in the occupational field.
- Demonstrated ability and experience working with diverse populations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other colleagues and staff.
- Ability to provide guidance and advice to students as needed.
- Working knowledge of computer concepts.
- Must meet State and Federal certification requirements for a Nursing Assistant Instructor (two years of Long Term Care experience in home care or a Long Term Care facility or two years of Acute Care experience).
- Must be a Registered Nurse with an active nursing license from the State of Wisconsin.
- Two years of teaching experience (include teaching of Nursing Assistant courses) preferred.
- Two years recent (within the past five years) work experience in Home Health Care, Acute Care, or other health care settings which utilizes Nursing Assistants.
Desired Start Date: Immediately
All applicants (both internal and external) must include the following to their completed online application for consideration, ( Applications that do not have the required attachments will not be considered)
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts
Hours could include days, p.m.’s, and/or weekends, 10-40 hours per week depending on course schedule, not to exceed 600 hours in a 12-month period
For more information, please contact Susan Eberle, Associate Dean, Allied Health, [email protected]