The Bill Munday School of Business Austin, TX, USA Full TimeEmail Me This Job
Assistant Professor of Business Analytics
The Bill Munday School of Business
The Bill Munday School of Business at St. Edward's University invites applications for a full-time, nine-month, tenure-track assistant professor position in Business Analytics to begin in Spring 2022 for the Department of Marketing, Operations and Analytics. Candidates should demonstrate strong expertise in one or both of the following areas: (1) Artificial intelligence/machine learning; (2) Business/data Analytics. The successful candidate will be teaching a variety of courses at the undergraduate and the graduate level; and contribute to the scholarly activities at St. Edward's through research and community engagement. St. Edward's embraces excellence through diversity and encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups. This position is contingent on full approval of a MS program in Business Analytics.
- Edward's University is a teaching institution and regards teaching as central to the mission. The teaching load is a 4-3 (total of 7 courses per academic year). Courses are delivered fully online, face-to-face or in hybrid format.
- Advise undergraduate students.
- Develop new courses and curriculum as requested.
- Interact with local, regional, national, and international business entities, nonprofit, government, and community representatives to develop applied service learning projects and study opportunities for students.
- Participate in assessment of student performance in the discipline.
- Maintain an active program of quality research leading to referred publications in the teaching field.
- Maintain commitment to social responsibility in the classroom setting in line with the University's mission.
- Meet School and University service requirements.
- Fulfill other required faculty responsibilities as outlined in the St. Edward's University Faculty Manual.
As the school pursues AACSB accreditation, applicants must have the following credentials:
- Doctoral degree (PhD) in Business Analytics, Management Information Systems, Data Science, Computer Science, Management Science, Business Technology, Operations Management, and other fields with a substantial focus on business/data analytics from an internationally recognized university. An exceptionally well qualified PhD candidate with ABD status and a definite timeline to dissertation completion will be considered.
- Experience teaching at the graduate level in a synchronous, fully online format.
- Evidence of excellent teaching potential is required.
- Teaching experience in one or more of these areas: business analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, data/text mining, database management, prescriptive analytics, analytical decision-making, cognitive analytics, cybersecurity analytics, information systems/technology, R and/or Python programming, cloud services for analytics and/or supply chain/logistics analytics.
- A demonstrated record or strong potential for scholarship in peer reviewed publications.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with and commitment to working with a diverse population.
- Business industry experience preferred.
- Experience in curriculum design and development is preferred.
- Interest in our university's global initiatives preferred.
- Successful completion of a criminal and/or employment background check required.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit an online application at: https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
A brief summary of Faculty Benefits can be found Here.
Please attach a CV, evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g. copies of student evaluations), a sample research paper, at least three references and a cover letter to the application. In your cover letter, please discuss how your record of teaching, service and research demonstrates your commitment to diversity and inclusion as emphasized in the mission of St. Edward's University. The cover letter should also address your experiences or interest in global initiatives. Applicants who have not yet had the opportunity for such experience should note how their work will further the mission of St. Edward's University and our commitment to diversity and global initiatives.
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. The deadline for submission is September 10, 2021.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
St Edwards Universityhttps://stedwards.applicantpro.com