DATA ANALYST,MED School of Medicine, Pharmacology
DATA ANALYST,MED School of Medicine, PharmacologyTracking Code2161 Job Description
The Xia Laboratory within the Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics is seeking a Data Analyst with a B. S. or M.S. degree in Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or similar disciplines. The successful candidate will be part of a multidisciplinary team working on Alzheimers disease and related neurologic diseases.
- Programming using SAS, SQL, Stata MP and R to analyze clinical data related to Alzheimers disease
- Analyzing and mining sequence data generated internally or through public databases
- Core techniques will include the careful annotation and deposition of data, utilizing computational pipelines for next generation sequencing data analysis, interpreting data within the context of each disease, and data visualization techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year of relevant experience
- Knowledge of computational biology tools and techniques Proficient in programming using SAS, SQL, Stata MP, and R Experience in working with biological data with some familiarity with next-generation sequence data analysis tools; Prior experience with statistical methods, pipelines, and tools relevant to RNA-seq, single-cell RNA-seq, chip-seq data analysis is preferred.
- Experience with UNIX-based systems and command-line interfaces Maintenance of detailed documentation either through a laboratory notebook or well-annotated scripts Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to explain technical/mathematical reasoning to people from non-quantitative backgrounds Highly motivated and collaborative team player
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular