SR. SECURITY ASSISTANT, Office of Housing, Residence Safety Tracking Code9144 Job Description
Boston University is looking for customer-service oriented individuals to join our Housing, Residence Safety team. You will get to interact with students and other guests of the University, and be an integral part of this bustling residential community! This is a great opportunity to obtain a full time position within the University and take advantage of our full benefits package, which includes generous tuition remission, health, dental, retirement, and more!
- Monitor access of residents and guests to the large residences on campus. This includes enforcing the Guest and other University policies and verify guest passes for accuracy. Confiscate misused, damaged, or altered forms of identification.
- Notify the proper authorities in the event of an emergency such as fire, crime, or medical problems. Communicate incidents and concerns, using the phone or radio equipment, to other departmental representatives. Write complete, concise, and accurate Incident and Fire Alarm Reports. Remain alert to surroundings at all times.
- Act as a front line representative of the University, providing information, direction and assistance to residents, guests and staff.
- Monitor the video displays for improper activities. Report any equipment related malfunctions to the supervisor on duty or to the Residential Safety Office.
- Attend at least two training sessions per year. Consult and review the Operations Manual on a regular basis.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Excellent communication, writing, and customer service skills. One to three years of experience as a security assistant or related experience working with the public.
*Must be willing to work weekends and overnights.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular