Computer & Information Sciences Assistant/Associate Professor
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-02
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.
*Applications will be reviewed beginning March 22, 2021*
Start Date: Fall (September) 2021
- A doctorate in Computer Science or Information Technology is preferred.
- Persons with a master’s degree in one of the above disciplines, five or more years of experience, and related certifications will be considered.
- We seek candidates that support our mission (https://about.byuh.edu/mission.html) and who are committed to strengthening our students both spiritually and intellectually.
- The individual should be completely committed to helping prepare students to serve in their families, communities, and the Church throughout the world, with a particular emphasis on the Asia-Pacific region. Brigham Young University–Hawaii gives preference to women and men whose background and/or experiences connect with the many cultures and geographic regions reflected by the student body.
- As an educational institution affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU-Hawaii prefers to hire qualified members of the Church in good standing as authorized under Title 41 CFS § 60-1.5 (a)(6).
- Teach approximately 30 semester credit hours per year over three semesters in some (but not all) of the following subject areas, depending on candidate background: Computer Science: programming, object-oriented programming, discrete mathematics, computer organization, computational theory, and operating systems; Information Technology: networking, systems engineering, Linux, client management and configuration, human-computer interactions, information assurance and security.
- Scholarship, creative endeavor, ongoing professional development, and university service are expected.
- BYU-Hawaii’s primary focus is undergraduate learning and teaching.The individual should be fully committed to student learning (https://clt.byuh.edu/framework-for-learning)
- Rank and salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
- A limited relocation expense package is provided.
- Annually renewable contract eligible for Continuing Faculty Status (BYU-H equivalent to "tenure-track")
- Standard BYU-Hawaii benefits package for regular full-time employees.
Please complete and submit the following by mail or email.
- Official BYU-Hawaii online application form
- A letter of application and current curriculum vitae
- List of 3 references and their contact information
- Optional - A link to a 10-minute (minimum) teaching video posted online
Finalists will be notified and requested to submit the following:
- Finalists will be notified to request for three letters of recommendation written specifically for this position.
- Employment confidential form (https://brightspotcdn.byu.edu/ca/94/ece6c2d542c0a203a21f3ff10a14/ecclesiastical-endorsement-0.pdf)
- Official transcripts from the institution where last degree was received
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Associate Academic Vice President for Faculty
55-220 Kulanui Street
Laie, HI 96762
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org* More information may be requested as you progress through the recruiting process.