Accountant II, Department of Finance (Multiple Hires) (College of Medicine-Phoenix)
COM Phx Campus AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
Greater Phoenix AreaAddress:
475 N. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 USAPosition Highlights:
(Please note: The posted salary for this position has been updated 02/27/2021).
The College of Medicine – Phoenix is seeking a bright and ambitious Accountant, Senior with credentials in accounting and/or finance. This position works closely with Directors of Operations and budgeting personnel in managing day-to-day transactions, financial/data analysis and financial compliance to allow for operating decisions to be made in the college departments. As an integral member of the centralized campus finance team, the selected candidate will report to the Accounting Manager and perform professional accounting activities in a complex, evolving and fast-paced environment. This position will work independently and requires expert knowledge and professional application of fund accounting principles, practices and techniques in accordance with the policies and procedures of the UA and UA Foundation. The candidate will be responsible for assisting departments with appropriate expenditure management, inquiries related to document processing and procedures, and providing professional accounting support. Professional demeanor, customer service, and teamwork are required for this position while maintaining sensitivity with confidential information. The incumbent must have the ability to effectively assess and respond to customer needs, pay close attention to detail, and be flexible and adaptable.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs complex accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to ensure the institution's financial transactions are in compliance with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements.
- Performs accounting tasks of a difficult nature, requiring an experienced, professional knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Manages expenses in various university accounts (operating funds, contract revenue, gifts, federal, state and local grants, etc), staying informed and knowledgeable about funding restrictions and conditions.
- Reconciles more complex accounts and checks the accuracy of journal entries to ensure that the general ledger is accurate and complete.
- Checks and analyzes financial information and prepares complex financial reports and accounting statements so that users have accurate and timely information for making financial decisions.
- Prepares difficult journal entries, maintains complex ledgers, reconciles and analyzes difficult funding sources and supports more active departments.
- Reviews the preparation of various financial statements, records and reports compiled by lower level accounting support personnel.
- Provides advice and training to assigned departments to ensure appropriate knowledge of university financial policies.
- May be responsible for such complex projects as compliance reporting, funds flow with external partners, and other accounting related studies and projects.
- May monitor the activities of subordinates.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$42,007- $58,000 Annually, Depending on experience.Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
7Career Stream and Level:
FinanceType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
2Target Hire Date:
4/5/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
1/27/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
The University of Arizona has currently adopted a remote working environment in accordance with guidelines recommended by the CDC. Until further notice, interviews for this position will be conducted remotely.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.