Teaching InstructorPosition Number :
932005Vacancy Open to :
All CandidatesDepartment :
AAH Human Develo and Family ScienceDepartment Homepage :
www.ecu.edu/hhpAdvertising Department :
HUMAN DEVELOPMENT AND FAMILY SCIENCEDivision :
Academic AffairsClassification Title :
Teaching InstructorWorking Title :
Teaching InstructorNumber of Vacancies :
1Full Time Equivalent (FTE) :
1.0Full Time or Part Time :
Full TimeRecruitment Range:
Commensurate with QualificationsPosition Location (City) :
Faculty (Teaching)Job Category :
Faculty (Teaching)Organizational Unit Overview:
The Department of Human Development and Family Science is one of six departments in the College of Health and Human Performance. Approximately 500 full-time students and 100 alternative licensure students are enrolled in the undergraduate programs of birth through kindergarten teacher education, family and consumer sciences teacher education, child life, and family and community services. An additional 85 students are enrolled in the master’s degree programs of birth through kindergarten education, human development and family science, and marriage and family therapy and in the PhD program in medical family therapy. The department houses the Nancy W. Darden Child Development Center and the ECU Family Therapy Clinic. As a campus with a continually growing diverse student body, we encourage applications from men, minorities, and other underrepresented demographics in the field. For more information about the department, college, and university, go to https://hhp.ecu.edu/hdfs/Job Duties :
• Teach undergraduate courses both face-to-face and online.
• Advise students in Birth through Kindergarten including alternative licensure.
• Supervise students in the Birth through Kindergarten Teacher Education program.
• Provide service to the profession, community, and university.
• Contingent upon Availability of funds.
• Master’s degree in early childhood education/child development, or very closely related teacher education field of study.License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation :
• Candidates should hold or be eligible to hold a North Carolina Birth-Kindergarten teaching licensePreferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education :
• Strong background in early childhood curriculum with experience with early childhood special education, student internship supervision or mentoring/coaching teachers, and online teaching are preferred.
• Three years teaching experience in preschool and/or kindergarten
• Demonstrate an interest in working with students from underserved populations and a commitment to inclusion and diversity.
Application screening begins February 15, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
• In order to apply, candidates must submit the following materials online at www.jobs.ecu.edu:
a) candidate profile (cover letter), b) current curriculum vita c) names and contact information for three references d) letter of application addressing the position description including a teaching philosophy
• As part of the screening process, the references provided may be contacted
• Official transcripts, two to three letters of reference, criminal background check, and proper documentation of identity and employability are required at the time of employment.
• Please be aware that if selected as a candidate of choice, an automatic e-mail will be sent to the individuals entered by the applicant in the References section of the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system. Letters of reference submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system will be verified and considered towards meeting this requirement. For letters of reference not submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system, please have the original signed letters mailed to Lee Gaylord ( HDFS Search 932005) 1000 E. 5th Street, ECU, Rivers W 238, Mailstop 505, Greenville, NC 27858
• Salary is competitive and commensurate with achievement and experience. It is expected that this position will begin August 16, 2021
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.Job Open Date :
02/01/2021Open Until Filled:
YesInitial Screening Begins :
Not ApplicableQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting :
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or [email protected].Eligibility for Employment :
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Office of Human Resources Contact Information :
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to [email protected] Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.