Partnerships Development Manager
BEACON EDUCATION - PARTNERSHIPS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
WHO WE ARE
Beacon Education (https://www.beaconedu.com/) is the world’s largest provider of online degrees to China. In only two years, Beacon has grown quickly to partner with 15+ universities, 25+ degree programs, generating thousands of recruits for our partner programs and universities. With our world-class marketing, recruitment, support, and analytics technology and services platform, we help global universities access China’s dynamic online learning market.
We believe that top universities from around the world should have access to this growing market of online learners in China and that is why we are seeking a PARTNERSHIPS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER to strategize and explore new business opportunities and relationships; scout, manage, and sign new partner universities and educational organizations; and support the onboarding and operations of Beacon partners.
Beacon Education is a rapidly growing edtech start-up with a global footprint and is looking to add a team member who is passionate about education and the transformative impact that online degrees are making in skills and career development.
This role is unique in that it gives visibility into all aspects of partnership development and operations from first contact with Beacon to the first cohorts graduating with their degrees. Working directly with the Global President, the PARTNERSHIPS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER will assist in all aspects of partnership development, onboarding, and operations. Our ideal candidate will be industrious, self-motivated, and self-organized because a key part of the role is identifying, developing, defining, and closing new partnership agreements.
Travel, currently paused, will be frequent once possible again after the pandemic. This role requires consistent and thoughtful outreach, networking, relationship building, and follow-up with current, candidate, and future partners.
- Work with the Global President on new partnership development and operations.
- Identify, develop, define, and close new partnership opportunities with universities, educational organizations, and companies.
- Develop a partnership pipeline: generate leads, identify and contact decision-makers, screen potential opportunities, and select deals based on Beacon Education goals and strategies.
- Create proposals, presentations, and materials to nurture partnership opportunities.
- Lead and facilitate partnership pitches and develop and implement overarching business development strategy, sales processes, deal structure, and best practices.
- Assist in coordinating and implementing marketing strategies to target new partners.
- Support and manage the contract process with new partners.
- Monitor and evaluate education industry and university trends and customer drivers and meet regularly with management and stakeholders to discuss strategy.
- Support new partners onboarding into the Beacon tech and services suite as well as help manage Beacon’s existing partnership pipeline.
- Develop strategies for new partner integration based on best and past practices.
- Travel regularly for contract negotiations as well as partnership onboarding and operations.
- Maintain and share professional knowledge via education, networking, events, and presentations.
- Complete weekly business development and operations reports.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years work experience; bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Experience with external relations, partnership management, or development
- Experience and successful track record in B2B sales and negotiation preferred
- Working experience with sales techniques
- Proficiency with data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
- Proven ability to independently plan and manage resources
- Enthusiasm for networking, travel, and stakeholder communication
- Reports to: Global President Start Date: June 2021
- Location: Flexible but ideally based in the contiguous United States
- Salary: Highly competitive and commensurate with experience
To apply, please reach out to Charles Iannuzzi ([email protected]) directly with your CV and a brief statement of purpose.
Apply for Partnerships Development Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly