Student Assistant Facilities Management
Job Title: Student Assistant Facilities Management
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 223712
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
THIS POSITION IS ONLY FOR CURRENTLY ENROLLED CLAYTON STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS AND YOU MUST QUALIFY FOR WORK-STUDY!
Job Description: Facilities Management has a need for a student assistant to assist with non-essential job tasks within the mailroom department.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist in sorting and metering campus mail and packages daily.
2. Assist with mail route deliveries to different departments on campus.
3. Assist with warehouse organization.
4. Communicate effectively both written and oral.
5. Assist with filing, organizing, and archiving Facilities documents.
6. Assist in signing off on received deliveries from different carriers.
7. Scanning documents, filing, data entry, making copies, and assisting staff with organization documents.
8. Maintain orderly appearance of work area.
9. Maintain safety in mailroom and campus warehouse.
10. Miscellaneous tasks that are assigned.
Job Title must:
1. Experience with Microsoft word and Excel
2. Good listening and communication skills
3. Accuracy and attention to detail
4. Display honesty and integrity
6. All majors are welcomed
7. Physical ability to lift packages received.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.