Online Adjunct Faculty - Various Concentrations of Communication (69567)
Jan 29, 2021
Join the faculty of U.S. News and World Report’s 6th ranked U.S. public university at an exciting time of growth and opportunity. The online graduate program within the College of Journalism and Communications (UF CJC Online) seeks to add its pool of qualified adjunct instructors to teach a variety of courses in our 100% online Master of Arts in Mass Communication program.
Since 2012, UF CJC Online has transformed lives through graduate education founded in theory and influenced by industry. We offer the most comprehensive, digitally focused online graduate programs in the world. Students choose from eight master’s specializations and four graduate certificates that offer unparalleled opportunities for professional growth and advancement. UF CJC Online’s flexible programs are demanding by design and competitive by nature. Equipped with the skills needed to move communication forward, UF CJC Online graduates are an unstoppable force for the Gator Good.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Our program offers courses in a traditional fall/spring format (15-weeks each) and one summer semester (12-weeks). Learn more about our program at: https://onlinemasters.jou.ufl.edu/.
Our Concentrations include:
- Audience Analytics (Master’s and Graduate Certificate)
- Digital Strategy
- Global Strategic Communication (Master’s and Graduate Certificate)
- Political Communication
- Public Interest Communication
- Public Relations and Reputation Management
- Social Media (Master’s and Graduate Certificate)
- Web Design and Online Communication (Master’s and Graduate Certificate)
A complete list of courses within these programs can be found at: https://onlinemasters.jou.ufl.edu/courses
Basic Instructor Expectations:
- Prepare all course materials prior to the start of each semester
- Meet Quality Assurance standards for course design
- Take ownership of course material and make updates to content and assignments to ensure the information is current and accurate
- Proactively engage with students throughout each week through meaningful activities that promote student academic growth
- Engage with students in a professional and respectful manner. Promote a positive learning environment
- Provide individualized, supportive and meaningful assignment feedback to further student learning
- Provide students with clear assignment expectations including directions, rubrics and samples if necessary
- Reply to student and staff inquiries within 48 hours
- Grade all student work within 10-days of the assignment’s due date or within 10-days of the submission date if the assignment was submitted late
- Master’s Degree required. Terminal degree a plus
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in a directly related field. 5+ years preferred
- Experience teaching in higher education. Online teaching experience a plus
- Experience with Canvas LMS preferred.
- Diversity and inclusion make our program stronger, and so we seek applications and nominations from a broad spectrum of individuals, including women, veterans, persons of diverse backgrounds and persons with disabilities.
Apply through Interfolio.
Please submit the following materials with your application.
- Cover Letter including indication of the program(s) and/or specific courses the applicant is interested in teaching (https://onlinemasters.jou.ufl.edu/courses) (Required)
- Resume or CV (Required)
- Teaching Philosophy Statement (Optional)
All application materials will be reviewed for consideration to fill both current and upcoming needs.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.