Peer Tutor (Student Support Services)
Peer Tutor (Student Support Services)Location:
Student Support Services DepartmentPosting Date:
- Be enrolled at SRSU: achieve an A or a B in the course to be tutored.
- Possess a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrate competency with others
- Possess characteristics of responsibility; desire to help others, flexibility.
- Have a flexible time schedule including evenings.
- Able to work 20 hours/week
- Bilingual skills preferred; background similar to project participants.
- Be involved in campus clubs and organizations.
Work Study/InstitutionalPrimary Responsibilities:
- Assist students in developing competency in course work.
- Provide one-on-one support and encouragement to help the student develop an increased sense of confidence in his/her own abilities.
- Encourage students to become independent learners by suggesting more adequate study tools.
- Complete required time sheets and record keeping forms.
- Participate in tutor orientation and training sessions.
- Report directly to and attend regularly scheduled meetings with SSS Project Director
- Assist in administration of pre-test and periodic assessment of student progress.
Contact Information: Judith Loya 837-8467
Pick up required application from FH 105.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
No person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored by Sul Ross State University on any basis prohibited by applicable law, including but not limited to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.