1. Experience as a taxidermist along with a thorough and accurate knowledge of taxidermy
2. Willingness to work irregular hours including nights and weekends as necessary
3. Exceptional interpersonal relations skills
4. Exceptional oral and written communication skills
5. Desire to use or learn to use technology (i.e. Internet) to deliver instruction
6. Commitment to the community college "open door" philosophy and the comprehensive community college concept
Primary Functions of Position
Since quality instruction is the primary function of the college, it is the principal responsibility of each Instructor to effectively and efficiently stimulate learning in every course. The purpose of this position is to provide a comprehensive, educational instructional program committed to quality teaching and successful student achievement. The curriculum is designed to prepare student to develop skills while teaching preservation of birds, fish, game heads and mammals. Format for the course will include classroom instruction and individualized demonstrations of skills utilized in the field.
Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request.
A completed Southeastern Community College application, a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Applications accepted until filled.
Applicants should direct all inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer