Staff Full TimeCampus:
Physical Therapy & KinesiologySalary:
Salary commensurate with experience and grade - P16Applications Open:
Aug 20 2021 Applications Close:
Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Program Administrator provides academic program, fiscal, and other support to the Department of Physical Therapy and Kinesiology by working with the department chair, program coordinators, faculty, students, and the University community.
1) Support academic programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Work with the undergraduate and graduate coordinators, DPT clinical education director and coordinator, and department chair to facilitate departmental activities that promote student success
- Support faculty needs associated with their teaching duties
- Assist the chair and program coordinators with course scheduling activities, as well as program development and evaluation
- Assign academic advisors to students in SIS after consultation with the program coordinators and chair
- Maintain student records and advisor lists and distribute appropriately
- Review DIG (Declaration of Intent to Graduate) forms for eligible students, review Advising Reports to assure requirements have been satisfied, work with the Registrar’s Office to ensure graduation requirement issues have been addressed and resolved, submit the proofread DIG form and Advisement Report to the undergraduate coordinator for review
2) General office duties and departmental support activities
- Serve as the department liaison to other offices and departments on campus (i.e. Registrar, ORA, etc.).
- Work with the chair and department faculty to develop marketing strategies for prospective students
- Support logistics for the execution of accreditation visits and activities.
- Support the DPT Clinical Education program activities
- Support Exercise Science Clinical Practicum activities
- Record minutes for departmental meetings, and provide follow-up on action items as needed
- Hire, train, and supervise student workers to support Department and faculty functions
- Coordinate projects for student workers to assure maximum impact and support of department and faculty
- Manage student worker schedules and timesheets, and approve payroll submissions
- Manage the faculty evaluation timelines and prepare student evaluation packets for distribution
- Submit completed TA/RA evaluations to the Dean’s Office
- Ensure accurate and updated department directory for faculty and staff
- Assist with college-wide events as necessary
- Make arrangements (such as venue and catering) for faculty events
- Represent the department at student recruitment events
- Enlist and train students for recruiting and yield events
- Manage faculty syllabi and office hours each semester
3) Oversee and maintain the fiscal elements of the department
- Maintain department financial records and support the department chair in monitoring budgets
- Maintain office supply inventory, order office supplies as needed, and assist faculty and staff with supply requests
- Enter requisitions and follow up on creation of purchase order
- Submit invoices and close purchase orders
- Track professional development funds
- Reconcile monthly expenditures
- Place orders and maintain records of Equipment Fund purchases
- Support pre-tenure faculty with start-up accounts
- Act as a liaison for faculty to support structures in ORA
- Process expense reimbursements for faculty travel
- Assist with the Year-End closing of the operating and equipment budgets
4) Assist with data analytics and report generation
- Assist with formatting and printing of spreadsheets and documents for the Chair program coordinators, and clinical education director and coordinator as necessary.
- Establish and maintain student databases, analyze retention and graduation rates, and provide analysis to department chair and program coordinators.
- Contribute administrative support to accreditation preparation and annual reporting activities.
- Manage departmental records to ensure compliance with the Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education Guidelines
- Assist the department chair and program coordinators with tracking reports for enrollment, , and strategic planning efforts.
- Answer phones and forward inquiries appropriately
- Schedule meetings for department chair
- Assist and direct, as appropriate, visitors to the Department office
- Serve as reception for the Department
- Collect data and information as necessary to support academic programs
- Field questions as necessary
- Maintain positive communication and work collaboratively with Dean’s office
- Work collaboratively with College Dean’s staff
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
- Work with the chairperson to develop and maintain a departmental atmosphere that is friendly and helpful to students and faculty, and that encourages open, positive communication among faculty, staff and students.
- Build effective partnerships with faculty, staff, and students throughout the University by providing appropriate information and assistance when needed.
Other Job Duties:
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Position also involves traveling across campuses, as well as occasional early morning, evening, and weekend work
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
Bachelor’s degree with a major in business administration, business management, public administration or a related field and 5 years of related experience, or an Associate’s degree with 7 or more years of related experience or candidates with a High School Diploma/GED or equivalent and 9 or more years experience.
Additional Considerations:Prior experience working in an academic office environmentFamiliarity with SIS, PeopleSoft Software, including finance & H.R. applications; Willing to learn new softwareStrong Organizational SkillsComputer literacy, including knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word & Internet communicationsStrong interpersonal skills & ability to interact with students, faculty, administrators & general public
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is a SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P16.
This position is located on campus and is not remote.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Posting updated 8/20/2021