Senior Administrative Program Coordinator
Senior Administrative Program CoordinatorMedicine - Administration
Location: New Orleans, LASummary
The Senior Administrative Program Coordinator for the Cardiology Fellowships is responsible for compliance to ACGME specialty program requirements. The Coordinator is responsible for recruitment, human resources, scheduling, and timekeeping for residents. In coordination with the Fellowship Training Program Directors and Associate Directors, primarily responsible for the recruitment/selection process, data collection/reporting on fellows, and all related functions of the programs including planning graduation and orientation, credentialing, and secretarial support for the Directors. Primary contact for the Fellowship Office for all contacting parties, including residents, visitors, applicants, faculty members, hospitals, etc.The Coordinator will concurrently and continually assess and direct a range of programmatic areas including planning, compliance, data management, reporting, etc. Coordinator must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, possess critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills. This position will report 70% to the Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology Program Directors and TUHVI Administrator and 30% to the Sr. Dept. Administrator in the SOM Graduate Medical Education.Required Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years program management or coordination experience
- Experience in a training or academic type setting, medical school, etc.
- Experience creating and managing complex class/course schedules for groups of persons
- Experience communicating effectively with other groups
- Residency or clerkship program management/coordination experience
- Knowledge of, or work with, graduate medical education/ACGME Regulations and Compliance
- Certified by TAGME or working towards TAGME Certification (TAGME = Training Administrators of GME Programs, or for Specialty Program Certification.