Information Technology Contracts Manager - Georgetown University
Information Technology Contracts Manager - Georgetown University
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The Information Technology Contracts Manager (ITCM) should have contract law experience and or educational interest and background in reviewing information technology contract documents and applying business process compliance for information technology requirements and U.S. and international privacy data handling laws such as General Data Protection Regulation ( GDPR), the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Gramm-Leach-Bliley (GLBA), and the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). The Information Technology Contracts Manager is also responsible for processing contracts, facilitating all aspects of contract review, and the internal contract work-flow processes and ensuring that approvals have been obtained from the University's Offices of General Counsel, Risk Management, Tax, Compliance, Facilities, and Information Services, as appropriate, before securing the Treasurer's or the Chief Procurement Officer's signature on any contract. Contracts review and execution must occur quickly and efficiently. Reporting directly to the Senior Contract Manager, the Information Technology Contracts Manager has additional duties that include but are not limited to:
The CM's duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the daily operations of IT contracts for the entire university.
- Conduct initial reviews on contracts and supporting documents to address data privacy law compliance, the related IT security components.
- Manage a large number of contracts simultaneously.
- Monitor contract developments and provide weekly updates to Georgetown stakeholders.
- Interact in meetings, calls, and via email in ongoing negotiations and issue management.
- Maintain and report on IT risk assessments associated with all IT contracts.
- Work efficiently in consistently achieving performance and customer service goals associated with the contract approval and execution process.
- Identify creative solutions to problems regarding IT purchasing or general contracting processes.
- Engage University stakeholders and suppliers as necessary to ensure efficient service; and
- Other duties as assigned, from time to time, to help the department to meet its objectives.
- Assist the Senior Contracts Manager with the implementation of the training, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), contract functions and processes for the University and will lead training sessions for University staff.
- Act as a liaison between the University and Suppliers to ensure all informational and financial needs are met for all contracts.
- Promote exceptional customer service and dedication to problem solving in response to stakeholder and supplier inquiries.
- Assist the Senior Contracts Manager with the implementation of the training, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and contract functions and processes for the University and will lead training sessions for University staff.
- Two years' experience in legal or IT contract review
- Excellent administrative, negotiating, interpersonal and communication skills necessary
- Ability to work effectively with senior management across the University to facilitate the procurement of goods and services, particularly as related to IT purchases
- Ability to clearly explain legal positions and any implications around the relevant IT purchase, listen carefully to understand stakeholder and vendor concerns
- Understand IT terminologies for contract reviews
- Ability to work under multiple deadlines
- Procurement and paralegal skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Proficiency working with Excel, Google docs & Microsoft Word spreadsheets
- Excellent communication skills
- Writing proficiency
- Ability to participate in significant customer interaction and demonstrate problem-solving abilities
- Bachelor's Degree
- Paralegal with experience with IT contracts
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/2121-Wisconsin-Avenue/Information-Technology-Contracts-Manager---Georgetown-University_JR09777
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency