Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Job Title: Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 223469
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is seeking applications for a chemistry position on the Dahlonega Campus at the rank of Assistant Professor, to begin August 2021.
Review of applications will begin March 1, 2021.Responsibilities
- Applicants will be expected to have the expertise necessary to teach Survey of Chemistry I & II and the associated laboratories; Principles of Chemistry I & II and the associated laboratories; Organic Chemistry I & II and the associated laboratories; and other upper-level courses related to their field.
- Scholarly work involving undergraduates, advising students, service to the university and community, active participation in departmental activities, maintaining a collegial work environment, and professional development are expected.
- Applicants are required to have a PhD in Organic Chemistry or a related field.
- The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching.
- Excellence in teaching, scholarly activity, and university/community service are requirements for promotion and tenure.
- Candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vita, unofficial transcripts, statement of teaching philosophy, and a description of proposed research involving undergraduates.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
- Please submit contact information for three professional references.