Assistant/Associate Professor of Leadership Studies
Job no: 495956
Work type: Full Time Permanent - Faculty
The Citadel’s Department of Leadership Studies invites applications for full-time, nine-month, tenure-track faculty for the position of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Leadership Studies.
The mission of the Department of Leadership Studies is to enhance the ability of students from any academic background and level of professional experience to perform effectively as principled leaders in all walks of life.
The Citadel offers general education leadership courses and an interdisciplinary undergraduate minor in leadership studies. The Department also coordinates the ROTC fulfillment requirement for non-commissioning upper-level students. The Leadership Studies Department offers a Master of Science leadership as well as certificates in leadership and military leadership at the graduate level. Undergraduate faculty generally carry a 4-4 teaching load. Teaching faculty serve on department and college committees.
- Qualified applicants will have a completed a terminal degree at a regionally accredited university in an area related to leadership studies (e.g., nonprofit leadership, organization development, leadership development, ethical leadership, educational leadership, political leadership, etc.)
- Applicants for associate professor must demonstrate excellence in teaching, research (peer-reviewed scholarly journals or law review articles), and service and have experience at a regionally accredited college or university. Applications for assistant professor must demonstrate the potential for excellence in teaching, research (conference presentations or works-in-progress), and service.
- Understanding and experience with different instructional pedagogies.
- Expertise teaching graduate students in an online environment.
- Post-doctoral experience with a demonstrated track record of peer-reviewed publications or law review articles.
- Practical leadership experience in professional or community-based leadership roles.
Interested candidates should utilize the official online application website at http://www.citadel.edu/careers/. In addition to completing the online application, candidates should upload a cover letter, curriculum vitae, philosophy of teaching statement, and up to three scholarly publications or works-in-progress.
All inquiries should be directed to the Human Resources Department at The Citadel. Initial screening of applicants will begin on February 15, 2021, and continue until the position is filled. The College offers competitive salaries and state government benefits. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Citadel is a landmark institution located on the banks of the Ashley River in Charleston, South Carolina. As an outstanding Senior Military College, The Citadel is committed to educating and developing principled leaders who serve in the military, private, public, and independent sectors.
The Citadel is ranked #1 Public College in the South offering up to a master’s degree by U.S. News & World Report.
To learn more about The Citadel and the Department of Leadership Studies, visit our website at http://www.citadel.edu/root/leadershipstudies.
Advertised: Jan 26 2021 Eastern Standard Time