Associate Professor or Full Professor – Business Analytics
Job location: JD Alexander Florida Polytechnic Main Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-27
Associate Professor or Full Professor – Business Analytics Job Description Summary The Department of Data Science and Business Analytics (DSBA) at Florida Polytechnic University invites applications for an Associate Professor or Full Professor with broad teaching capacity in the field and with research specialization in General Business and Logistics/Supply Chain Management and also a secondary desired specialization in Marketing Analytics or FinTech.
The DSBA Dept. is home to two undergraduate degree programs and graduate degree programs in the University and delivers degree in BS-Data Science, BS-Business Analytics, MS-Engineering in Engineering Management Track, and MS-Computer Science in Data Science Track. There are five undergraduate concentrations: Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Intelligent Mobility, Quantitative Economics & Econometrics, Big data Analytics, and Health Systems Engineering. The DSBA Dept. is also exploring concentrations and certificates in Marketing Analytics and FinTech.
This position is part of a strategic expansion of the university faculty that will add approximately twenty-five faculty to the current approximate 65 faculty members in nine separate departments.
Applicants must demonstrate the ability to develop a highly successful teaching and research program, attract independent research funding, publish the results of their research studies in leading scientific journals of their discipline, supervise graduate and undergraduate students, and to teach effectively at both the graduate and undergraduate level courses. In addition, the candidates are expected to assist in the education mission of the department and to provide whatever academic service is requested by the Chair of the Department. Job Description
- Ph.D. or DBA in Business Analytics, Operations Management, Quantitative Marketing, from AACSB accredited business programs, or Ph.D. in closely related fields.
- Six years of experience as a faculty member.
- BS in a STEM field.
DESIRED / PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Curriculum development and significant teaching experience at all collegiate levels.
- Funded research experience as a Principal Investigator.
- Demonstrated ability to identify project opportunities and independently develop proposals that are subsequently funded.
- Experience with students’ academic mentoring and as a thesis advisor.
- Experience in program assessment and execution of a continuous improvement plan.
- Experience with students’ academic mentoring
- Active participation in professional activities and organizations.
- Prior educational US experience with progressive responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse campus community.
ABOUT FLORIDA POLY:
Florida Polytechnic University opened for classes in 2014-15 and is the twelfth university in the Florida State University System. The University was created as an exclusively STEM-focused public university that offers high-value undergraduate and graduate degrees and that has intentional industry connections with a focus on economic development of the high-tech I-4 corridor. Dedicated to preparing students for the competitive STEM workforce, Florida Polytechnic University blends traditional subject matter mastery with problem solving and laboratory experiences to provide students with learning opportunities applicable to both the workplace and a career of lifelong learning. The University delivers its courses in small class sizes, emphasizes a positive student to faculty experience, and is dedicated to both its teaching and research mission.
Faculty are employed at Florida Poly via renewable, term defined appointments, codified in a collective bargaining agreement, that substantially mirrors tenure systems with reappointment and progression in rank upon completion of a significant review of accomplishments.
Lakeland, home to Florida Polytechnic University’s ultra-modern campus, is located along the I-4 High Tech Corridor halfway between Tampa and Orlando. Our central Florida community combines small town comfort with big-city culture. Florida’s High-Tech Corridor is home to 11,000 high-tech businesses, and Polk County alone has more than 600,000 residents, four universities and one state college. Lakeland is just a 45-minute drive from Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, professional sports teams, and thriving performing art centers. With no income tax in Florida, and home values increasing by approximately 10% over the past year, Lakeland and Central Florida continue to rise among the best places to live and work.
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE:
- Positions are open until filled (or recruitment cancelled). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
- Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the United States. This proof must be provided prior to employment at the University. An appointment is not final until proof is provided.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format to the Florida Polytechnic Careers Website:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy which includes the individual’s capacity to teach courses listed as part of the curriculum.
- List of at least 3 professional references (names and contact information)
- Unofficial copy of the Ph.D./M.Sc. transcript
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for admission, students, and others affiliated with the University) without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or genetic information.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.