Job Title: Audio/Visual Installer
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 223590
Minimum Requirements Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and two years’ related work experience OR
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent from a State or Federal accrediting organization and three years' related work experience or equivalent combination of degree, training, and work experience. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and multi-task;
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases;
- Ability to work independently, perform well under pressure, meet deadlines and exercise good judgment;
- Ability to make decisions on and executes secure, proper installation of AV equipment following established code, best practices.
Responsibilities The Audio Visual Installer, with direction from Manager of AV Systems Engineering or delegates perform AV equipment installation for new and refresh audiovisual projects ranging from $1-$5 million annually. The AV Systems Installer/Technologist will catalog and manage storage of equipment ordered, assemble racks with AV equipment wiring with the equipment following drawings provided by AV System Engineers, install system perm link cabling in walls, floor, and ceiling spaces following provided drawings and in accordance with local code and departmental requirements. The AV Systems Installer/Technologist will install equipment/mounts, including but not limited to, ceiling mounted projectors, large format LCD displays (ceiling & wall), in ceiling and/or on wall projection screens. Assists AV Systems Engineers in completing system implementations and post installation troubleshooting. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Decommissioning and removal of old AV components and wiring, following established procedures/policies for transfer/surplus of property; Installation, termination, & testing of permalink AV infrastructure cabling in walls, floors, & ceiling spaces following established national/local code guidelines; Installation of hard mounted AV equipment including but not limited to ceiling/wall mounts, projects, large format LCD displays, projection screens, speakers, et. al.; Assembly, equipment population, and wiring of equipment racks/lecterns following system drawings provided by AV Systems Engineers;
- Receives, checks for damage/functionality, and documents AV equipment deliveries, marking hardware as associated projects/destinations;
- Assists AV Systems Engineers with the provision of top tier AV support for systems including classroom, conference room, and other meeting/collaboration/presentation systems and hardware;
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift:Full-Time/Days/M-F Pay Grade: 11 Salary: $14.01/Hourly
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Until FIlled Conditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Driver's License Statement The Human Resources Division will request a driver's history report from the selected candidate. This report will come from the Department of Motor Vehicles. The candidate must have a current valid driver’s license. Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University