Grant Funded Position: Yes
Schedule Information: Part time
Hours per Week: Hours vary ( 4-12 hours per week)
Duties of Position:
- Develops, prepares, evaluates and revises course material, including presentation slides, pictures, factsheets/checklists, guides and pre and posttests, regarding occupational safety and health program.
- Collaborates with OSH Staff in designing and updating all course material.
- Instruct OSH courses on current OSHA requirements and guidelines.
- Able to teach on campus and other locations within Harper College District if required.
- Available to instruct 2-8 hour courses when needed per client need.
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish a plus
- Reliable, flexible and prompt
- Two (2) years successful prior teaching experience as OSHA Trainer in one or multiple disciplines.
- Proven knowledge, ability and experience to manage and implement current OSHA grant-funded training specifications/requirements.
- Experienced instruction practices and procedures geared toward adult learners
- Proficient using Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with training practices involving student participation and interaction
Experience Requirements: REQUIRED
Two (2) years proven and current OSHA instruction experience.
Experience Requirements: PREFERRED
Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and/or Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
Experience as safety manager.
Experience in warehousing, manufacturing, metal fabrication, construction, or electrical industries.
Bi-Lingual in Spanish a plus.
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.