Per Diem Bus Driver
Per Diem Bus DriverPosting Number:
Part-timeIs this a temporary Position?:
YesJob Description Summary:
- Drive University leased 25 passenger bus on short and/or long trips safely negotiating various routes through varied terrain and geographic areas.
- Transport students, coaches and staff from one place to another using the leased University 25 passenger bus.
- Safe and Competent Operation of a Bus.
- Drive mini bus on regular routes between campus, student housing & practice facility on a schedule
- Assist students and coaches with sports gear and/or luggage.
- Report accidents or other traffic disruptions to administration.
- Review route assignments and schedules with Coaches & administration, and ensure all
Information is fully understood before departing.
- Check the bus tires, lights, and promptly report maintenance issues to the Assistant Athletic Director.
- Strict adherence to all state and federal transit regulations.
- Account for all coaches/players & staff before leaving a location.
- Must be able to adapt to a flexible schedule; hours and days will vary depending on athletic schedules; nights and weekends are required.
- Ability to work with google documents, check and respond to e-mail and phone calls. Training on google docs will be provided Must keep written log of activity
- Perform duties in a manner that align with the College’s vision, standards and ethics.
- Be willing to drive for the University if other needs arrive
- Ability to communicate Effectively
- Customer service oriented and professional
- Initiative to work on own
- Willingness to put forth a conscientious effort as required
- Work with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds from college students, faculty and staff
Class C CDL Driver Requirements:
- Clean Class B License with air brakes, Passenger endorsements
- Familiar with DOT rules and requirements
- Ability to read basic instructions, road signs and maps, and ability to keep a written log of activity
- Strong customer service abilities with emphasis on customer satisfaction
- Strong organization and time management skills
- High school education, or equivalent, 1 to 2 years in a related field
- Must posses a minimum of a CDL C with passenger license
- Clean driving record
- Must know basic vehicle and traffic laws
- Able to pass criminal and DMV check upon hire
- Flexible schedule
- Associates or Bachelor degree, 2+ years in a related field
The physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Clarkson is committed to complying with the guidelines set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- The bus driver must be able to operate a 25 passenger bus
- Must be able to sit for long periods while operating the vehicle
- Must be able to negotiate traffic patterns
- Must be able to withstand standard traffic and passenger noise
- Other demands as required by specific position
•Maintain professional attitude and
demeanor in difficult situations
•Exercise sound judgment.
• Maintain high level of responsibility.
09/21/2020Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions for this Posting:
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Clarkson University actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women and people with disabilities.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).Maximum Number of Reference Requests:
0Minimum Number of Reference Requests: