HVACR Specialist III - Facilities Management
HVACR Specialist III - Facilities Management
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Under direct supervision, responsibilities include:
- Consistently provide supervision with continuous field verification.
- Supervise staff by planning and organizing work, determining the scope of work to be performed and developing schedules to facilitate the accomplishments of work.
- Prepare performance evaluation reports: take appropriate disciplinary actions. Plan, organize and direct the overall HVAC&R services for assigned facilities including operation and maintaining complex heating, air conditioning, and/or refrigeration systems. Monitoring energy consumption and promoting energy conservation.
- Layout responsibilities for HVAC&R staff,establish work priorities and implement departmental procedures.
- Maintain schedules, work activities and personnel actions and perform field oriented plan checks.
- Prepare equipment specifications and describe system characteristics to engineering or management staff for development of major system modification projects.
- Participate in design and development of new construction and remodeling projects.
- On call is required in this position to support operation of CSN.
- Completion of a recognized HVACR apprenticeship program followed by two years of journey level experience in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment; OR one year of experience as a HVACR Specialist II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
Grade 34, Step 1 - Grade 34, Step 10
$49,151.52 - $72,871.20
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume /CV - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional) - If you have not graduated, please attach your transcripts to receive education credit for classes you have taken.
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---North-Las-Vegas-Campus/HVACR-Specialist-III---Facilities-Management_R0123329
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency