Sr. Industrial Hygienist/Waste Management
Sr. Industrial Hygienist/Waste Management
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Reporting to the Sr. Environmental and Occupational Safety Manager, the Sr. Industrial Hygienist/Waste Management is:
- Responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring, and enforcing industrial hygiene programs, anticipating health hazards and recommending preventive measures; and identifying existing health hazards and devising control measures.
- Evaluates, studies and reports findings to establish new standards, new practices, and increase professional knowledge.
- Directs safety and health consultants in providing a safe working environment and maintaining compliant hazardous waste management program.
- Coordinates with the Environmental Programs Lead and Occupational Health and Safety Specialist to determine courses of actions for a variety of issues associated with risk for exposures and non-compliances.
- Interface with students, staff, administrators, faculty, visitors, vendors, as well as consultants to ensure compliance with EPA, OSHA and DOEE regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemical engineering, chemistry, industrial hygiene, industrial safety, mechanical engineering, physics or a related field. A bachelor's degree and a minimum of six years of professional job experience.
- Knowledge and experience should include safety training, such as HAZWOPER and DOT training, and thorough knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements.
- Verbal and written communications are important for the position to ensure that corrective measures are adequately applied.
- Preference for Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Sr-Industrial-Hygienist-Waste-Management---Georgetown-University-s-Office-of-Environmental--Health-and-Safety_JR09686
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency