Director of Residential Life
Job Title: Director of Residential Life
Location: Georgia Gwinnett College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 223586
Reporting to the Senior Associate Vice President for Student Affairs/Dean of Students, the Director of Residential Life is responsible for leadership of residence life on the Georgia Gwinnett College campus. Responsibilities include creating and maintaining a vibrant living/learning community with a wellness and safety focus for residents.Responsibilities
- Oversight of all areas in residence life, including but not limited to, strategic planning, budgeting, application management, programming, training, and residential education that supports recruitment, retention, progression and graduation.
- As a campus collaborator, promotes a vision that prioritizes and advances diversity, equity and inclusion supporting students and staff.
- Provides leadership, supervision, training, direction and support to all personnel within Residential Life.
- Establishes relationships and serves as liaison with campus partners.
- Interprets and enforces University System of Georgia and GGC Housing regulations, policies, and procedures; Leads the development and implementation of policies pertaining to the operation and management of Residential Life.
- Ensures the security and safety of students including crisis and risk management; oversee Maxient incident reports for accuracy and timeliness; Works closely with Public Safety and Emergency Management Planning and Operations to review and update Housing Emergency Plans.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents; to include resolution of interpersonal conflicts.
- Manage all operational functions for residence halls.
- Participate in the overall planning and management of the residence hall access management system and provide input in the development of policies and procedures (community guide).
- Coordinate Residence Life participation at Preview Days (open house) and Grizzly Orientation (new student orientation).
- Coordinate Living Learning Community experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree or higher from an accredited college/ university required.
- Four or more years progressive administrative experience in residential life, student programming or related field.
- Demonstrated professional leadership experience including, but not limited to, supervisory experience.
- Experience with program development, student development, and staff development.
- Experience with business operations.
- Experience with the development and implementation of Living Learning Communities.
- Leadership experience in higher education including, but not limited to, supervisory experience.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]Background Check
- Standard + Education