Director, Faculty and Staff Experience Professional Development, Human Resources
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-25
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
Has primary responsibility for the assessment practices for professional development programs and performs trend analysis. Utilizes experience and education to support department leadership where appropriate. Designs and delivers workshops, classes, and one-on-one coaching sessions for faculty and staff at different levels of the organization. Oversees University staff competency program (CORE), including program planning and implementation.Job Description
- Provide onboarding / acculturation to all new employees, collaborating with Recruitment and hiring managers to ensure a seamless, integrated approach that is designed to enable new employees to become effective and realize their full business impact as quickly as possible. Further ensures that the design, development and deployment of ongoing refinements to onboarding processes, systems and approaches that are inspiring, consistent with our overall employment value proposition, and effective / scalable in diverse locations and delivery modes.
- Contributes to the ongoing implementation, refinement and development of career road mapping and development initiatives, by identifying and integrating culture-development objectives into HR practices. This work will be done in collaboration with team members in HR and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion and to enable effective strategy deployment.
- Works independently with faculty and staff on projects and requests for assistance. Works with the AVP of the PDC to design and develop materials and workshops based on best practices in professional and organizational development to include embedding inclusion into existing programs and build a DE&I curriculum that improves individual, leader and organizational capability in this area.
- In partnership with the Human Resources Extended Leadership Team, establishes and implements culture assessment and measurement strategies including: culture norms and behaviors; diversity, equity and inclusion; employee listening and engagement; employee experience and other organizational culture drivers, in order to better understand and impact the full life cycle of employees at Wake Forest University.
- Manages, designs and delivers professional development classes to include classes within the CORE program. Develops delivery schedule and manages budget requirements.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and gaps in programs or people practices that contribute to our culture development. Integrate into existing plans or operational activity to ensure a continuous improvement in our results.
- Serves as a professional coach, developing confidential coaching relationships with clients, including the development of a coaching agreement and appropriate evaluation of the process.
- Has responsibility for design and implementation of the annual Organizational Development Conference (ODC).
- Analyzes and assesses effectiveness of development programs and utilizes relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in instructional objectives and methods.
- Reviews instructor performance and recommends improvements to program content used within the PDC and/or instructor presentation methods.
- Functions as a mediator to help resolve disagreements between faculty or staff.
- Builds/maintains relationships with members of the HR department and other members of the HR community.
- Conducts activities in a manner which displays an awareness of the formal and informal chains of command and the culture and politics of the organization.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Master’s degree required with at least five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience designing and providing development opportunities in the classroom, coaching, and facilitated workshops required.
- Proven ability to work across all group dynamics.
- Ability to analyze and interpret strategic issues within the broader human resources context, and to provide integrated solutions.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word and Excel), the internet, and other relevant software.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and in a confidential manner.
- Ability to present and display professional demeanor at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- PhD. preferred.
- Experience in a university setting preferred.
- Certification and experience using assessment tools of various types preferred.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.Additional Job DescriptionTime Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.