Assistant Director of International Admissions
What We’re Looking For
The Assistant Director of International Admissions develops, manages, and implements international recruitment strategies by working with high school counselors, alumni, and other constituent groups in order to meet the enrollment goals of Baylor University. This position directly reports to the Director of International Admissions. This position will manage a high-volume of daily correspondence while offering top-notch customer services to prospective students within their assigned territory. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree with three years of relevant experience is required. A Master’s degree and five years of relevant experience are preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment.
- Candidates must be very familiar with and enthusiastic about Baylor.
- Strong social skills are required, and the individual must be able to meet people easily and adjust quickly to varying situations.
- Travel, including nights and weekends, is an expectation of the position and all candidates must be able to travel outside of the United States.
- Experience planning and maintaining travel budget.
- Candidates must have a high energy level and be able to work under strict deadlines.
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of international admissions policies and procedures.
- Self-motivation, a team attitude, and a consistent commitment to a high standard of excellence are essential to this position Extensive international travel experience.
- All employees are expected to fully support Baylor’s mission to educate men and women for worldwide leadership and service by integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment within a caring community. All employees of Baylor University are expected to fully support and contribute to the university’s mission.
Preferences will be given to those with the following experience:
- Written and verbal, full fluency, in several languages (Mandarin, Korean, Arabic most preferred).
- Has experience living abroad.
What You Will Do
- Independently develop, manage, and execute a strategic travel plan (8-10 weeks) to visit countries within the territory.
- Plan all high school visits by working with high school counselors, alumni, & other constituent groups.
- Implement targeted calling/e-mail/mail campaigns to accelerate students through the enrollment funnel.
- Manage a large volume of daily correspondence while offering top-notch customer service. Meet with prospective students in-office visits & give tours.
- Maintain a wealth of information about Baylor's academic/social/spiritual opportunities so as to personally & persuasively recruit students & tailor messaging to achieve goals.
- Accurately input data using advanced knowledge of Banner to complete and audit application files.
- Responsible for meeting yearly enrollment goals as they impact net tuition revenue for the University.
- Deliver polished and engaging admissions presentations using advanced public speaking skills for groups ranging in size from 5-500+.
- Assist in creating and staffing outstanding on-campus events.
- Responsible for planning and maintaining a travel budget as assigned to the territory.
- Strategically identify areas to host recruitment events. Travel and serve as host at events throughout the year. Develop new initiatives and events specific to the needs of key international areas.
- Manage on-going international projects and assignments as necessary with speed, accuracy, and flexibility to meet diverse and often competing enrollment goals.
- Serve as a liaison to an academic School or College, maintaining close contact and relaying information to the counseling staff.
- Assist New Student Programs with events as needed; work closely with Financial Aid to help serve students.
- Counsel students and parents regarding final college decisions as they navigate through a complex and competitive process using advanced listening and counseling skills.
To apply or view the full position description, please click the job posting link.
The Baylor Experience
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions*, they also get to experience Baylor.
- Experience the culture of working for an institution consistently ranked as a “Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment www.baylor.edu.about)
- Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for staff and qualified dependents*
- Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Baylor marina to name a few
- Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
- Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
- Experience Baylor through many more wonderful events and programs that take place on campus each year
*For more details and eligibility requirements, please visit www.baylor.edu/hr
Learn more about great opportunities to connect and be a part of our local community in Baylor’s Waco Culture Guide!
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For.” Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 16,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting staff who support our mission as we pursue our bold vision, Illuminate.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.