CPGE Academic Support Analyst
Job no: 498790
Work type: Staff
Location: San José
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
The CPGE Academic Support Analyst provides administrative and operational support for the College’s academic units and for the College Dean’s Office including but not limited to instructional hiring and appointments in both regular and special session, student assistant hiring, academic paperwork, RTP processes, faculty evaluations, research project administration, and college academic committees.
The College of Professional and Global Education (CPGE) has two academic units which offer programs in both regular and special session: the School of Information (SOI) and the Department of Applied Data Science (ADS). CPGE is growing its academic programs, and offers four master’s degree programs, the newly launched undergraduate degree in Information Science and Data Analytics, and two certificate programs. Graduate programs in the college serve more than 2,500 graduate students drawn from California, other US States, Canada and several other countries, and the undergraduate degree is expected to grow significantly over the next few years. All but one of the degrees and certificates are delivered 100% online. CPGE faculty is also growing, with more than 30 full-time faculty and more than 100 geographically-dispersed part-time faculty.
- Provide operational and administrative management for academic units in the College of Professional and Global Education in all areas related to Faculty Affairs, including faculty/student hiring, appointments, and support.
- Review, process and track all General Fund faculty appointments and revisions (including regular faculty, temporary faculty and Overloads) in the College utilizing PeopleSoft and other databases available.
- Review, process and track all Special Session and Self-Support faculty appointments and revisions, working closely with the different units in CPGE that offer Special Session programs to make sure College appointment documentation is in compliance with University and CSU policies.
- Plan and orchestrate the College Retention, Tenure, and Promotion (RTP) Committee election process and meeting schedule.
- Make projections, and synchronize the college deadlines for the RTP process with the University's calendar; ensure all deadlines are met.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with university process for faculty evaluations/requests.
- Process faculty requests for Merit and Range Elevations.
- Process and tracks temporary faculty evaluations and post-tenure reviews.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work online in both synchronous and asynchronous environments (preferably academic)
- Expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications.
- Ability to anticipate problems and address them proactively.
- Ability to work independently and make constructive recommendations.
- Ability to apply a variety of state, federal, CSU, CFA Memorandums Of Understanding (MOU), and SJSU policies and procedures.
- Strong oral communication skills. Must possess excellent customer service and public relations skills.
- Ability to analyze college needs, problem solve, and make appropriate recommendations as related to faculty affairs.
- Thorough knowledge of methods, procedures, and policies of the College’s academic programs.
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated ability to use university systems such as: PeopleSoft, Google Apps, MS Office, Qualtrics, Zoom.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate with users from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds to meet their requirements patiently, effectively, and efficiently.
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training
- Two years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Master’s degree in any area
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience managing and administrating personnel operations for academic organizations
- 3 years’ experience in operational administration work
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist – Exempt I
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,091/month - $5,000/month
Hiring Range: $3,897/month - $7,051/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: January 25, 2021 through February 8, 2021. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: January 25, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time