Program Director of Network for Clinical Research & Training, and Sr. Research Associate 12 Mon...
Job Title: Program Director of Network for Clinical Research & Training, and Sr. Research Associate 12 Month Salaried (Research & Graduate Programs – Medicine), Orlando or Tallahassee
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 48379
Division of Research & Graduate Programs – College of MedicineEqual Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed here.
The Program Director of the Network for Clinical Research and Training (NCRT) supports the research activities for the College of Medicine (CoM), the NCRT activities associated with the University of Florida-Florida State University Clinical and Translational Science Award, and medical student research at regional campuses.
The Program Director of NCRT is a member of the Division of Research & Graduate Programs leadership team and coordinates closely with the Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs and Medical Student Research and the Assistant Dean for Research Administration.
The Program Director of NCRT reports to the Senior Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Programs, and is responsible for the following:
- Overseeing the operations of the NCRT team, which includes four staff members. The NCRT currently has offices at FSU’s main CoM campus in Tallahassee and at the Orlando regional CoM campus, with planned expansion to all six regional campuses
- Overseeing and managing the integration of NCRT services with UF’s Clinical and Translational Science Institute services. Specifically, the Program Director of NCRT is responsible for project management of NCRT’s role in the UF-FSU Clinical and Translational Science Award project, supporting core functions and milestones. The Program Director of NCRT also supports OneFlorida research projects as appropriate.
- Assisting the Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs and Medical Student Research in development of relationships with clerkship faculty conducting research. This effort will increase the number of research faculty mentors working with students across the state.
- Ensuring ongoing development of research policies and SOPs to standardize research processes, including those for quality assurance monitoring for assigned research studies.
- Assisting with maintaining and expanding clinical research training and education activities with interdisciplinary research collaborators, research partnerships with community partners, FSU colleges, and other organizations.
Master's degree from an accredited institution with demonstrated record of academic research achievement in a health-related field, or professional qualifications in the field of specialization above those which would be equivalent to the highest degree.
•Must be effective in setting and meeting short and long-term goals, with multiple project tasks ongoing simultaneously.
•Ability to anticipate problems relating to projects and to develop and implement solutions.
•Strong knowledge of research regulatory processes.
•Ability to cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with faculty and peers.
•Skill in preparing clear and concise reports, correspondences, and other written materials.
•Strong planning, organizational, and presentation capabilities.
•Excellent follow-through and problem-solving skills.
•Strong staff coaching and management skills.
•Experience with applicable computer applications and basic computer functions, including Microsoft Word and Excel or equivalent software.
A valid Florida or Georgia State driver's license or the ability to obtain upon hire.
A comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of the research industry including academic institutions and the pharma/device industry, as well as a strong network within the national research societies such as SoCRA and/or ACRP.
Experience directing or managing teams.
Experience in clinical research services, such as IRB submissions, regulatory support, including FDA regulations, study implementation, and quality assurance monitoring.
Experience using Microsoft Access.
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
This is a Faculty position.FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
This position may be partially funded by soft money, with renewal based on available funds and the needs of the University.Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific Faculty job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include education details even if attaching a Vita.
This position requires that you have three confidential professional letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf. Follow the steps below to request these letters through our system:
1) After submitting your application, click the Careers link;
2) Click the My References link;
3) Click the Send/View Reference Request button next to the appropriate position; and
4) Follow the steps on that page to send your references a system generated email requesting they submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
You may also return to the My References link and click on "Send/View Reference Request" to see if your references have responded, add additional references, or resend requests.
This position is being advertised as open until filled. Applications to be reviewed as received by the committee.Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.