Posting Number: SRGV4868
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Brownsville, Texas
Department: University Marketing and Communications
Scope of Job:
To create compelling visual storytelling across multiple platforms, using both photography and videography to inform, engage, and entertain audiences and support the University's communication and marketing goals.
Description of Duties:
• Plans, shoots, produces, writes, directs, and edits commercial-quality multimedia projects characterized by excellent shooting and post-production technique, sophisticated digital motion graphics, creative thinking, and strong storytelling.
• Works with supervisor to absorb creative direction while proactively bringing a valuable point of view to each project.
• Video Pre-Production: Actively participates in content production meetings for new projects, assists in content development and message strategy, utilizes video script writing fundamentals, adheres to a production schedule prior to shoot, reserves and schedules necessary locations, equipment, and support staff.
• Field Video Production: Records material for content using professional video cameras, follows production schedules collaborating with clients for revisions as needed, sets up shoot including lighting, sound, and other technical details.
• Video Postproduction: Performs non-linear editing using digital editing packages such as Motion, After Effects, Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, and Lightworks. Designs after effects as needed (including motion graphics, layout, and digital animation) and prepares video for various multimedia formats including web and other digital distribution mediums. Encodes and archives videos, tracks video analytics, and ensures that all videos meet the needs of a varying audience of ability through the use of captioning and other forms as needed.
• Still Photography Pre-Production: Understands and adheres to project goals and proposes ideas for shot selection, adheres to a production schedule prior to shoot, reserves and schedules necessary locations, equipment, and support staff.
• Still Photography Production: Executes photographic assignments on and off campus, providing commercial quality images that require creative thinking and execution and with an excellent eye for lighting and shot selection.
• Still Photography Post-Production: Responsible for editing and enhancing photographs through specialized photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Pixlr, and Affinity Photo. Prepares and submits photos to writers and content specialists, assists with photo cutlines and photo tagging for social media, special projects, and the website.
• Audio Production: Uses a variety of advanced audio capture, mixing, and editing equipment and software during the recording and post-production process. During post-production and mixing, blends recordings to achieve optimal sound and ensures sound lines up with visual cues to contribute to overall production quality and storytelling.
• Archives: Helps maintain archive of all multimedia projects for easy access by multiple users and also researches the digital archives as needed to select, prepare, and provide photographs and videos, as requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university.
Two (2) years of experience in video and still photography shooting, production, and editing, using industry best practices and advanced tools, equipment, and techniques. Work experience will be accepted in lieu of education on a 1-on-1 basis. Must provide a strong creative portfolio in both video and still photography demonstrating an eye for quality, detail, and storytelling during the selection process.
Excellent technical knowledge of video and photographic equipment including video and still cameras, editing software, associated hardware, and computers. Use of standard office equipment. Strong competency with photography principles and photo editing software packages such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Pixlr, and Affinity Photo. Strong competency in cinematography and videography principles from scripting through final editing and high level of proficiency with video motion software and digital editing packages such as Motion, After Effects, Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, and Lightworks.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office or studio environment as well as field work; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly, to move objects.
• Strong eye for storytelling; clear and concise written and verbal communications skills; ability to collaborate and an affinity for teamwork.
• Demonstrable and exceptional skills in video, photography, and editing techniques through sophisticated craftsmanship that is professional and compelling - not just technically proficient, but also possessing marketing sensibilities about how to properly convey a message.
• Diverse visual style with strong sense of composition and eager to push the envelope creatively.
• Knowledge of social media platforms and how to engage audiences on digital platforms.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, and an aptitude for making quick, quality decisions.
• Strong sense of customer service and consistently interact with clients with a high standard of professionalism.
• Strong organizational skills and able to independently manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to quickly learn new production and post-production tools and news shooting styles.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/13/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27214
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency