- Muskegon Community College
- Muskegon, Michigan, United States
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Muskegon Community College, an associate degree-granting institution of higher education, is a center for lifelong learning which provides a person the opportunity to attain their educational goals by offering programs that respond to individual, community, and global needs. We are seeking qualified candidates for Adjunct Instructors.
The Pool positions are for applicants who are interested in teaching in the future as an (part-time) adjunct instructor for one of our departments. The Pools are always open for applications. However, this does not mean that we have an immediate opening in the division. The Pools function as a way for department chairs to view applicant materials in advance of a need, and determine if the applicant will be approved or not approved to be added to their pool of eligible applicants. Should a part-time need arise in a given department, the department chair will look first at the approved applicants to see if anyone matches our needs, in which case they may make contact to schedule an interviewRequired Skills
The professional tutor performs one-on-one and small group instruction to assist students and aid student success. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with MCC’s mission.
Assist students with course work. Mentor and assist peer tutors as needed. Apply knowledge of discipline to provide one-on-one and small group instruction to students as assigned. Provide great customer service. Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated knowledge in the appropriate disciplines.
- Apply knowledge of discipline to provide on-on-one and small group instruction to students in approved subjects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or significant successful course work in discipline, required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and to initiate work on projects independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized systems. Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation, and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate will to students, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to mission of the University.
- Must be able to work an irregular schedule, evenings, or weekends, additional hours during peak times or as required.
- Facilitate learning as a guide and coach to assist the student to become a successful, independent learner.
- Facilitate an increase and enhancement in student mastery of concepts or applications of a specific course of student as presented by the course instructor.
- Integrate effective study and learning strategies to maximize the student’s potential for academic progress.
- Mentor and assist peer tutors as needed.
- Maintain records, as required; assist in maintaining the professional appearance of the tutoring area including clean up when necessary.
- Participate in all training sessions, professional development, and meetings.
- Administrative responsibilities and leadership duties as requested by supervisor.
- Provides outstanding customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our students, faculty, & Staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert