Digital Library Application Programmer – Application Programmer 2
Job no: 515576
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Engineering/Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology
Department:55110100 - LB-SYSTEMS DEPT-CHAIR
Digital Library Application Programmer – Application Programmer 2Job Description:
As a member of the Library Technology Services Department, Digital Development Unit, the Digital Library Application Programmer performs duties related to the creation and support of software applications for the Libraries’ Digital Support Services Department and develops applications and services with an emphasis on the digital library system. Under general direction of the unit head, works to design, develop, test, and deploy digital library applications including software to assist in internal digital workflow and operations. The Digital Library Application Programmer gathers requirements, develops applications, and provides support for digital services and applications.
To support all students, staff and faculty, and foster excellence in a diverse and collaborative society, the Libraries are actively seeking candidates who bring culturally-rich lived experiences to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientation, and perspectives.
The Library Technology Services Department serves as the focal point for planning, managing and coordinating technology-based Information Resources that support Library operations. The networked environment that exists in the Libraries is switched Ethernet and wireless. The Library Technology Services Department manages approximately 34 servers that support over 625 workstations and 250 mobile devices used by 250 staff and over 3 million annual patrons located in nine different buildings.
Design, implement and maintain all digital production services front end components, and act in capacity of primary or backup person to execute some monthly reports. These duties may include but are not limited to log review and performance optimization.
Develop, monitor and provide training on the use of quality control procedures to be used in the Digital Support Services department data workflow.
Liaise between the Digital Support Services department and other UF and UFDC partner entities. In coordination with affected stakeholders, develop delivery interfaces based on accepted standards and best practices.
Provide programming and software analysis activities to units outside the Digital Support Services department as directed by the unit supervisor and department chair.
Expand knowledge base in the area of information technology, digitization, front end REST-based interfaces, systems, etc. related to web server development of digital resources for library and archives. Train through independent research, teacher-led or online training and by participation in professional meetings and discussion groups. Support UF’s representation in the digital library communities, particularly key strategic open source partnerships such as DPN.
Perform other incidental duties necessary to accomplish the essential functions listed above. Represent the Library Technology Services Department in internal and external committees, teams and similar work-groups.Expected Salary:
Minimum annual salary at $73,770.39; Actual rate will reflect experience and credentialsMinimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree and three years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on a team of library staff, and other subject experts and facilitate collaboration
- Experience providing support for digital libraries and/or digital projects
- Extensive development experience
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and prioritization skills in the midst of multiple tasks while retaining attentiveness to detail
- Ability to be innovative and forward thinking when designing and seeking solutions to complex requests
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Experience with Microsoft Windows systems and familiarity with Windows server operating systems
- Experience working with existing libraries, such as jQuery, to enhance the web user’s experience
- Experience with Git source code management.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with Apache or other web servers
- Experience with developing and delivering training
- Commitment to contributing to a respectful and caring community for all, including individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, races, ethnicities, gender, sexual orientation, and perspectives
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
To apply, submit
- a cover letter detailing your interest in and qualifications for this position
- your current resume or CV
- a list of three references including their contact information (telephone number and email address)
Apply by February 8, 2021, applications reviewed as received. Submit all application materials through the Jobs at UF online application system. Failure to submit the required documents may result in the application not being considered. If you have any questions or concerns about this process please contact Tina Marie Litchfield, George A. Smathers Libraries Human Resources Office, at [email protected].Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 22 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 22 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time