Data Management Analyst III - Biomedical and Health Informatics
Job no: 515579
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Engineering/Computer Science, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:29240105 - MD-HOBI-BIOMED INFORMATICS
Advertised: 22 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 29 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Data Management Analyst IIIJob Description:
The Department of Health Outcomes and Biomedical Informatics is seeking candidates with advanced experience in data science for a Data Management Analyst III position. Collect, manage and analyze data from multiple sources to conduct data-oriented research projects. Participate in interpretation of results and in analysis design. Write, in collaboration with faculty and staff, scientific reports, conference papers, and journal articles. The position will require collaboration with other faculty, scientists, and health professionals in the Department and across the UF campus on the design, coordination, and implementation of informatics and data science research for federal and state funded projects. In particular, the candidate will work closely with the University of Florida Health Cancer Center (UFHCC) Cancer Informatics and eHealth Core program with an interdisciplinary research team. The overarching theme is to study methods, develop tools, and draw insights through a holistic approach of data science with heterogeneous data, information and knowledge resources. The research topics will be highly interdisciplinary.
Responsibilities to include:
- Carryout and lead data science research projects from study design to results interpretation in a timely manner, including selecting and applying appropriate analytical methods to answer questions and test hypotheses driven by research questions. Providing leadership to domain experts on issues related to principles of data science, informatics and analytical methods. Prioritizing and coordinating multiple tasks so as to achieve tight deadlines (as determined by commitments to funding agencies), and complying in a timely manner with administrative requests and requirements. Will interact with a range of experts in database modeling, machine learning, event simulation, and other advanced analytic processes.
- Develop software package (e.g., in Python, R, etc) for data analysis and provide support and technical assistance in software and programming for team members. Design, coordination, and implementation of informatics and data science research for federal and state funded projects.
- Interpret analysis results, produce figures and tables, and assist in creation of reports, drafting of manuscripts, and scientific presentations. Write, in collaboration with faculty and staff, scientific reports, conference papers, and journal articles.
- Manage data files related to research projects and implement strategies to improve efficiency in data management and reporting.
$80,000 to $85,000Minimum Requirements:
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Areas of specialization include computer science, biomedical and health informatics.
- Experience with data science, natural language processing, predictive modeling, deep learning, distributed computing, and semantic web technologies is a plus.
- Diverse skills in data management, programming, and data science methods; ability and experience working with a number of software packages (e.g., Tensorflow).
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, with initiative, manage time and work with minimal supervision to analyze problems and take appropriate action to complete projects.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three or more professional references.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: