Sociology Faculty Member
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the full-time position of Sociology Faculty Member. Full-time faculty are those persons employed to provide instruction during a regular academic year whose assigned load is a minimum of thirty (30) semester contract hours on a 9-month contract (178 duty days/beginning in August of 2021). This position may require teaching assignments at the Edison State Piqua campus and/or at regional campuses, as needed.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, transcripts, teaching philosophy and three professional references when completing their online application.
Examples of Duties:Each faculty member shall:
- Provide instruction and conduct classes in accordance with the philosophy of the college and within the scope of a defined course or study.
- Conduct office hours in accordance with the Edison State Education Association Agreement.
- Develop curriculum and learning assessment processes.
- Meet all administrative time lines and complete the submission of required documents and reports.
- Help students in registration, advisement and coursework.
- Conduct Guided Pathways faculty advising for students and liaise with the program's Student Services Career Advisor counterpart.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- As assigned or elected, serve on committees and coordinate the activities of program advisory committees.
- Participate in the College's promotional and community services activities and engage in activities that contribute to the College's efforts to recruit and retain students. (Faculty recognize that some recruitment and retention efforts are time sensitive and that faculty recruitment and retention efforts are most effective when conducted during these time sensitive periods).
- Sponsor or assist with student clubs or activities.
- Assist part-time faculty, instructional assistants and tutors in the faculty member's field of study.
- Perform such other related duties as the appropriate Dean or the Provost may assign for the good of the College.
- Contribute to external standards of performance such as accreditation and state mandates.
- Promote a professional educational environment by dressing in a manner appropriate to the teaching assignment.
- May be required to complete teaching assignments at the main Edison State Piqua campus and/or at regional campuses which include the Eaton campus, Greenville campus, and Troy campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications:Required Educational Background:
Master's degree in Sociology or a related discipline (at a minimum, the candidate must have 18 graduate credit hours in Sociology).
Required Experience:Teaching experience in higher education, preferably at a community college.
Master's degree in Sociology.
Teaching experience at a Community College.
Supplemental Information:The minimum starting salary for this 9-month (178 duty days/beginning in August of 2021) faculty position is $39,807 with the possibility of an increase to the starting salary based on experience. There is also the possibility for additional teaching overload.