Assistant Professor Psychology & Special Education
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-02
Job TitleAssistant Professor Psychology & Special EducationAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentPsychology & Special EdProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
- Teaching Statement
- Research Statement
- Diversity Statement
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Department of Psychology and Special Education is seeking faculty for a Tenure Track Assistant Professor position in Educational Psychology. This position will begin Fall 2021. Faculty at Texas A & M University-Commerce are required to conduct scholarly activities, work cooperatively with others, and contribute service to their discipline, the university, and the community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach undergraduate, masters, and doctoral level courses in psychology;
- Design, implement, and publish research;
- Serve on selected departmental, college and university committees.
- Education: Earned doctorate in Educational Psychology, or a closely related field. Candidates that are ABD will be considered but degree must be conferred on or before August 1st for Fall appointment.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Scholarly publication record. Commitment to high quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Preferred qualifications include record of research and publication at national/international level and ability to pursue funded research. Experience or capacity to teach graduate and undergraduate psychology courses. Ability to work cooperatively in a multidisciplinary setting. Commitment to diversity and working in multicultural contexts.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.