Director of SFS Technical Operations
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
The Chronicle of Higher Education consistently recognizes us as a "Great College to Work For" with high scores in compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; respect and appreciation, and more.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Director of SFS Technical Operations.The Director of SFS Technical Operations is responsible for the maintenance and implementation of the university's financial aid processing system and accounts receivable system via PowerFaids/Jenzabar. Assures full compliance in the financial aid tracking/packaging process and developing the SQL interface to report on the financial aid data. Serves as the leader of the SFS Technical operations area and proactively plans and directs the work and priorities of that area. Serves as the SFS representative in IT issues at on campus meetings and campus committees such as the DGC. Maintains the integrity of the financial data in all respects. Provide detailed analyses, develop and implement technical solutions, create and maintain documentation, review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs in the Office of Student Financial Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees three staff members that are integral to the team: Systems Analyst, Application Specialist, and Data Processing Specialist.
- Verifies that reports provided to SFS staff and campus community are accurate and reflects the specific data the end user requested with contextual explanation.
- Responsible for all survey data requested from IR from a financial aid/student finance perspective.
- Monitors current and new module upgrades for availability of new and/or improved functionality in order to enhance business processing for users including Jenzabar, PowerFaids, Perceptive Content, NCCA CAI, Wellfleet Health Insurance, FNIS, CashNet, SLATE, EAB Navigate, Mongoose, DOE Systems, and new systems that become available that can enhance SFS processing.
- Works collaboratively with SFS and IT staff and other departments to resolve programmatic issues, implementation of Jenzabar/PowerFaids system enhancements and establish production schedules.
- Identifies training requirements and changes, and implements necessary updates to training materials and communications for students and university staff.
- Leads the annual "new year setup" called the Parm Roll for financial aid processing.
- Development of quality control over the process in financial aid processing/student finance setup each year.
- Responsible for scheduling all data exchange on behalf of the Financial Aid Office with outside and internal agencies, including the U. S. Department of Education and the Florida Department of Education (OSFA).
- Develop electronic data exchange programs with outside agencies to include FTP.
- Oversees the Direct Loan origination transmission to the USDOE and disbursement of loans.
- At the direction of the Executive Director and Directors, prepare statistical and narrative reports as well as surveys for Federal and State financial assistance agencies, Institutional offices, and private organizations.
- Prepare and review special project reports as needed by the Executive Director.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and Institutional policies and regulations by developing, implementing and evaluating policies and procedures for need analysis, packaging, and the overall delivery process.
- Test PF releases and train the team on the system updates.
- Analyze system reports and resolve student records issues. Provide exceptions reports to appropriate staff.
Additional Functions As Needed:
- Assist with FISAP
- Assist the Executive Director and Directors as requested
- Maintain financial aid files when necessary
- Attend Seminars
- Work flex or extra hours during peak periods.
- Assist in any function in relation to the operation of the Student Financial Services Dept.
- Assist in yearly audit
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- SQL Experience (preferred)
- Understanding working technical knowledge of the following programs: PowerFaids, Perceptive Content, CashNet, Jenzabar, COD, NSLDS, EDE, OSFA, MBS, FNIS, Wellfleet, SLATE, EAB Navigate, and WorkDay
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn UniversityAmericans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreportFor your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.