Audio Visual Event Technician I - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: Audio Visual Event Technician I - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 223534
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia and the department of Audio-Visual Event Services (AVES) is currently accepting applications for a Audio Visual Event Technician I. The AV Event Technician is responsible for delivering fast, friendly, dependable, and customer-oriented audio/visual related services. AV Technicians are the "eyes and hands in the field", primarily supporting and assisting audio visual needs for University sponsored events.Responsibilities
- Setup, troubleshoot, operate, support, and break down audio visual equipment including but not limited to projectors, screens, video switchers, cameras, microphones, audio mixer boards, and public address systems.
- The Technician provides both user assistance and training for UNG faculty, staff, and students in regard to audio visual event support needs.
- The AV Event Technician performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage workload, and meet deadlines
- Ability to both move around campus and work in a regular office setting
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends and evenings when requested
- Ability to move objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Maintain a Valid US Driver¿s license to operate state owned work vehicles
- Knowledge of both Windows and MacOS operating systems preferred
- Knowledge of virtual communication methods such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams preferred
- Knowledge of audio/visual cabling and equipment preferred.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- At least one (1) year of experience working in an AV/Service environment; or, an equivalent combination of education, certification and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
- Cover Letter
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.