Post Doctorate Scientist I- Product Discovery
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to designated mentors and senior scientists, the Post Doctorate Scientist I will work on unique projects within a unique biotechnology environment at the Massachusetts Biologic Laboratories-Massachusetts Medical School. This individual will gain valuable experience in the following functional areas including Quality, Discovery, Regulatory/Clinical Affairs and Intellectual Property.Responsibilities
- Assists with developing methods for producing proteins
- Assists with developing and implementing in-vitro assays
- May assist with the design and implementation of strategies for selection of lead candidate antibodies and antibody conjugates.
- May assist with the development of small animal models of disease. May assist in the completion of in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical activity of lead candidates.
- Assists with Quality Control work including raw material testing, validation, environmental monitoring, lot release testing, stability, establishment of standards and controls
- Works with members of both the Regulatory Affairs and Clinical Affairs groups to study the critical roles of these two departments in a biopharmaceutical organization
- Develops an understanding of the basics of patent filing and intellectual property as it applies to pharmaceutical development.
- Assists in compiling manuscripts, posters and oral presentations.
- Keeps accurate records of experimental data to standards suitable to support publication, FDA submission, and patent filing.
- Analyzes experimental data and reports to senior management and research collaborators in a timely fashion.
- Performs additional job related duties as required.
- Requires a PhD in a scientific discipline
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Adept in Microsoft Office products