Assistant Director of Project Management
Title:Assistant Director of Project Management Job Category:Academic Professional Description:
Assistant Director of Project Management
Office Medicaid Innovation
University of Illinois System - Chicago
The University System Office seeks an Assistant Director of Project Management to, under the direction of OMI leadership and in conjunction with Healthcare and Family Services (HFS), is responsible for the satisfaction, communication, coordination, tracking, control, and completion of tasks and projects, while ensuring continuity with OMI's core mission of supporting the Illinois Medicaid program.
Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) is Illinois' single state Medicaid agency and the state organization responsible for administering Illinois' Medical Assistance and Child Support programs.Duties:
Additional responsibilities include:
• As a motivated, self-starter, manages assigned projects from initiation through completion using Agile and Lean operation principles.
• Oversees large, complex, healthcare-based projects while building teams of internal and external stakeholders required to execute projects.
• Establishes goals, objectives, and priorities while coordinating and collaborating on the establishment of schedules, budgets, and implementation activities required to implement OMI projects.
• Establishes and maintains reporting on OMI's portfolio of initiatives, ensuring OMI leadership has access to real-time status updates and details related to project activities, schedules, budgets and other priority items.
• Builds project models and schedules, documenting project steps, timelines, and key events in the project implementation lifecycle, to inform HFS, OMI, and University partnering staff of key activities and timelines to meet implementation goals.
• Oversee the gathering and documenting of requirements from project stakeholders and translating end-user needs into operational and technical requirements to be implemented.
• Coordinates development, testing, and implementation of solutions with project stakeholders.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Plan, assign and review the work product of University partners (units) to ensure that project order and timelines meet HFS requirements.
• Provide direct technical assistance and support to University partners (units) in the development of operations related to OMI Project Orders.
Project Sustainability and Reporting
• Under the direction of the OMI leadership, develop and implement a project and data reporting process, subject to the needs of OMI's contract manager at HFS and the approval of the Illinois Medicaid Director.
• Establish the necessary protocols, templates, budgets, and tools need to establish annual program plans, target budgets, and reporting for all existing Project Orders.Qualifications:
Candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, or a healthcare field with a minimum five (5) years of experience in healthcare administration or operations and a minimum two (2) years of experience performing Project Management in a healthcare setting. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationship management, required. Other qualifications include: project Management Professional (PMP) Certification; advanced degree in business, accounting, finance or in healthcare or a related field; alternative degree fields may be considered and/or accepted if accompanied by sufficient experience; clear understanding of Project Management principles; knowledge of the federal Medicaid program, including it regulations and policies, and a common understanding of Illinois' interpretations and implementation of that program; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project.
This is a full-time, 12-month Academic Professional position. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references by February 18, 2021 at https://uajobs.hr.uillinois.edu/.
The System Office conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899
System Human Resource Services
The System Office is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity. The System Offices welcome applications from women, underrepresented minorities, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual minority groups and other candidates who will lead and contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.Close Date:02/18/2021