Laboratory Research Specialist
University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) is currently seeking a Laboratory Research Specialist to join Department of Microbiology & Immunology.
- To support studies in the area of protein biochemistry, viral immunology and vaccine development.
- May perform laboratory maintenance and laboratory research activities required by the study(s).
- May assemble and assist with literature research, editing and preparing manuscripts, scientific illustrations and computer graphics for publication.
- Participate in a highly integrated research project to investigate the B cell/antibody responses targeting viral proteins, and novel immunogen/therapeutics design. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biotechnology or related biological sciences related to the research of the laboratory.
- Experience required: Two (2) years of research coordination experience with at least one (1) year in research specialization.
- Experience preferred: Four (4) years of experience working in a research laboratory setting that is in the relevant research specialization.
- Skills in molecular biology including cloning, sequence analysis, tissue culture, and transfection are essential; experiences in protein purification, immunogenicity study with small animals, FACS, ELISA, and virus neutralization assays are desirable.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Microbiology
Job Posting: Jan 22, 2021
Unposting Date: Feb 15, 2021, 11:59:00 PM