Custodian, 3rd Shift - External
Job Title: Custodian, 3rd Shift - External
Location: GRCC Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 1101
Org Marketing Statement Date: January 21, 2021
- Cleaning of hardwood surfacesCleaning of carpeting and upholsteryCleaning of terrazzo and tile/linoleum floorsCleaning of restrooms, stairwells, classrooms, offices, etc.Ordering of supplies/cleaning productsReplacement of fluorescent tubes and light bulbsSnow removalOpening and securing of facilitiesUnclogging of toilets/sinksIdentification of chemicals and cleaning fluids for appropriate tasksMust be able to work a flexible schedule based on building requirementsRegular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required. Being present is essential for serving customers and performing the essential functions of this position.
- Use of pallet jackUse of scissors liftDriving a vehicle
- A minimum of a high school degree or GED diplomaNational Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) preferred but not required.
- Five years of commercial cleaning experience, preferably in an educational environment
- Must be able to use a variety of carpet extractors (walk behind/push-pull)Must be able to use Taski dry foam swing scrubbersMust be able to operate all floor hand rotary and vibrating scrubbersMust be able to use and operate wet vacuumsMust be able to use 4’; 6’; 8’; and 10’ laddersMust be able to use carpet bonnet machinesMust be able to use and have knowledge of all cleaning chemicals and dispensing systemsMust be able to use gas and electric power sprayersMust be able to use all general use custodial equipment: mops, buckets, brooms, dusters, etc.Must be able to use a computer to communicate via emailMust be able to do light electrical and plumbing work using pliers, screwdrivers, plungers, etc.Must be able to operate snow blowersMust be able to use salt spreadersMust be able to use man lifts and pallet jacksMust be able to drive a vehicle
- Be able to adjust to a flexible and changing scheduleThe ability to work with a variety of college staff personnelThe ability to provide customer service to faculty, staff, students and the general public
- Be able to lift 50 poundsBe able to work indoors with or without heat and air conditioning, and outside during all types of weatherMust be punctual and have good attendance record
- Work alone Work during the hours of darknessWork indoors and outdoorsWork with or without heat and air conditioning
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position at https://www.grcc.edu/jobs. Submit a cover letter and resume in one document. The opportunity to apply for this position will close on February 4, 2021 at 11:59 PM. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Visa sponsorship is not available.Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The college will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.